Plumbers?

Vamvakas

Songster
8 Years
Sep 30, 2011
North Branford, CT
Me and my friend are 21 years old and I'm in community college part time and he used to go to same college but he dropped out cause schooling (book work) was not for him and at this point it's not for me either.. Were both thinking of becoming plumbers cause it's more hands on and they get payed pretty good.

Here in CT there's 2 different license for plumbing P-1 and P-2. I don't know the difference between both? I don't know is other states have 2 different liscense like CT but if you do please tell me the difference. Also is plumbing easy or a pain in the butt?

My suggestion for you is to check with your local Plumbers Union.

They offer training classes.

Not sure how busy they are due to the economy, but expect to be on the end of a shovel and doing a lot of hard work at first. There are a lot more service calls right now than new construction, so that can get a tad gross. But that is one trade we call regularly. My boss is a plumber, so is his brother, nephew.....

Another consideration I am not sure about other states but I think it would hold out to be true also but here in Indiana if you are a HVAC certified repairman you are also a plumber and an electrician I would also look into that because if you don't like the plumbing end of it so much you could hire on elsewhere as an electrician or HVAC installer/repairman. if that does not meet your fancy either there is a different license or endorsement (I personally don't know how it works state to state but I know it's a federal level type difference in licensing) to be a car a/c repairman but I understand if you can fix a home or business type unit the other certification is a walk in the park. So look into that too. It won't hurt to keep your options more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom