Plymouth MA?

Hi, I live in New Bedford and may be interested in some of your hens (4)? Do you also have a coop to go? We do not have a coop as of yet. Please let me know.
Tom
I am sorry, I was trying to remember where I posted this! As it turns out, a friend of ours will be taking our chickens. I believe she wants all of them. But thank you for responding.
Schylie

Hi there-
I was wondering if anyone knew about laws in Plymouth regarding keeping ducks etc. I see there are no laws so to speak about chickens, and I have had 7 chickens for about 2 years. Thinking if getting a quieter duck - like a Cayuga???
Thanks-

Hi there-
I was wondering if anyone knew about laws in Plymouth regarding keeping ducks etc. I see there are no laws so to speak about chickens, and I have had 7 chickens for about 2 years. Thinking if getting a quieter duck - like a Cayuga???

Thanks-

As of now there are no laws, Plymouth is farm territory :). Do you live close to neighbors? The only reason something could go wrong is if your neighbors complain to the town about it.

Cayuga are most of the time quite but they can get loud (warning calls and "where are you calls") They are very sweet, dog like and love to chat. If your gonna get a duck get 2 as ducks can die from loneliness and so they have company. Muscovys are quiet to but can fly and , from my experience, not supper social like cayugas.

I know this thread is old, but I think it's so cool how many people on this site live on the south shore! I live in Kingston. We just got 4 unsexed chicks (in addition to our 13 layers) and I'm sure at least one of the chicks will turn out to be a roo, and I'd like to try keeping it. If anyone knows the laws on keeping a rooster in Kingston, MA please let me know! Thank you!

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom