Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
not the best pics of CR's

24247_hpim0032.jpg

24247_hpim0033.jpg

24247_hpim0034.jpg

24247_hpim0037.jpg

there are some pic's of them, let me know if you need more.
big_smile.png

I will get some pictures up this evening after it cools off a bit.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Yard full o' rocks :

Operator....could you post pictures and I would be glad to help​

Rock N' Faverolles :

Yard full o' rocks :

I'm just REALLY, REALLY glad to see some BYC'ers getting involved with some of the more rare color patterns in rocks:

Blue
Columbian
Silver Penciled

I think we really need someone to step up, find a mentor and get something going with the Buff, Partridge and White Rocks (I am running out of room here for anything else and DW has threathened me with "monk-ship" if I build any more coops/pens). I love my chickens, but celibacy???!!!! Forget it!

Well, I am working with Barred, Blue, Columbian, Partridge and Silver Pencileds. Plus I'll be getting some Buffs again this fall. White Rocks do need help, even though there are a lot shown. Most don't have any body to them any more. They are a bunch of feathers only. Plus they are getting too big. This may open a can of worms, but I think breeders need to start weighing their birds. Rocks are supposed to be 9 1/2 pounds, but I've seen some 12 pounds and heavier and that is not what they are to be.

David​

David

IF you can say, where did your CRs come from? I was FINALLY able to obtain some this year from Jerry Powell. Looks like I got 12 cockerels and 6 pullets. I also kept 3 of the pullets I hatched from the "hatchery parents". Just to see what the breeding outcome is if bred to a really strong roo.

I also have BRs from K Shafer and T Wheeler. Whites from T Wheeler and blues that originated with Halo here on BYC.

Would love to see pix of your bunch

Thanks

Scott​

54722_0628102056.jpg

Hen or rooster?? "She" is a 6 week old barred plymouth rock named Rexy. She's my favorite!

54722_0628102045.jpg

I'd really like to know before we fall in love with her even more:fl

54722_0628102046a.jpg

This is her back....

Any help much appreciated!

thats probably why he is your favorite.its always the little boys that are the favorite because they have the friendliest personalities(when they're younger).lol

It's such a pretty little bird! Well, not so little. She's the biggest of the bunch and was the first to have the little comb turn reddish. But it's SO sweet! Always goes right up to everyone, and very sweet and snuggly. Maybe I could find a 4H kid who would like it. I'd hate to see him turned into soup....

Back
Top Bottom