Plymouth Rock thread!

I have BBS Bantams and I love them; a really hardy, reliable breed, and not to mention gorgeous! Unfortunately there aren't very many who breed the BBS varieties. I recently lost all of my laying age pullets/hens to predators so I'm the very slow process of growing up the remaining chicks that were hatched before the attack. I'm really looking forward to the eggs I'll be getting in a month or so
pop.gif

Anyway, love this breed
thumbsup.gif

I have BBS Bantams and I love them; a really hardy, reliable breed, and not to mention gorgeous! Unfortunately there aren't very many who breed the BBS varieties. I recently lost all of my laying age pullets/hens to predators so I'm the very slow process of growing up the remaining chicks that were hatched before the attack. I'm really looking forward to the eggs I'll be getting in a month or so
pop.gif

Anyway, love this breed
thumbsup.gif
thanks!

pop.gif

Anyway, love this breed
thumbsup.gif
and im so sorry that you lost so many birds.

Hi all some photo's of some of my youngsters.
Always difficult to get a good shot.

First picture Rooster 14 weeks a dark barred single barring gene male, does have a tail, stood badly.
Second 17 weeks full brother of the first, double barring gene, light cockerel started crowing at 15 weeks adult feathers still not through.
Third 14 week pullet full sister, nice barring and orange legs still chick feathers hoping for a nice one with her.
They will start laying at 24-26 weeks usually but once they start they do not stop until September/October.
A little slower to mature but not too bad.
I will post more pics once they start to stand still for me.

Hi all some photo's of some of my youngsters.
Always difficult to get a good shot.

First picture Rooster 14 weeks a dark barred single barring gene male, does have a tail, stood badly.
Second 17 weeks full brother of the first, double barring gene, light cockerel started crowing at 15 weeks adult feathers still not through.
Third 14 week pullet full sister, nice barring and orange legs still chick feathers hoping for a nice one with her.
They will start laying at 24-26 weeks usually but once they start they do not stop until September/October.
A little slower to mature but not too bad.
I will post more pics once they start to stand still for me.

Always a pleasure when you post up on here and show us some of the stock across the big pond. Good looking bunch there keep us informed on their progressions.
Cheerio, as ya'll say LOL

Jeff

Very nice BRITROCK. I'm growing out my first non production type Rocks, hatched 5/28/12. I purchased then as day olds from XW Poultry Ranch. They are Good Shepherd line.
I have ten cockerels to weed out. Here's two of the slower ones. Also a couple pullets with a close up of their barring.

I just realized my SPRs are younger than I thought, now I have to wait even longer for eggs
he.gif
I thought they were 25 weeks a week ago, but they will hit 24 weeks today, so two weeks younger than I thought, not sure how I messed that up!!!!!! Maybe if I ask real nicely they will start laying
lau.gif
Of course with temps over 100 I will be happy if they just live! I only have 1 chicken right now laying and 1 egg a day is just not enough for a family of 4.

WOW no post for over a week?

Question, my SPRs are 25 weeks. I have two roos with 6 pullets. At this point the roos do not fight, they actually hang out with each other during free range, neither one really seems to be the dominate one, but I guess one is, just in a more subdued way than I am used to. All the girls are finally red and getting big wattles so eggs should be any day. My question is how long can I leave the 2 roos together? They seem to be buddies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom