Poll Time: Cool the Coop & Chickens

What do you do/use to help keep things cool?

• Total voters
It was 101º today here. The flock enjoyed this pool in the shade. IMG_4696.jpeg
They’ve had it all day and didn’t get the water dirty. It still feels cool to the touch.

Can you share a link for this fan? How’s it working so far?
@1OldCrow

https://www.amazon.com/Erifyng-Greenhouse-Waterproof-Mounting-Installation/dp/B0B99WLPM4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=PZEXREZ4X4SX&keywords=solar+fan+for+chicken+coop&qid=1688093500&sprefix=solar+fan+,aps,1167&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

It's a decent fan. I liked that the two fans could be mounted separately. The fans aren't very large but when the solar panel is getting full sun they spin like crazy. (We don't have power at the coop so solar fan was the only option.)

Last edited:
@1OldCrow

https://www.amazon.com/Erifyng-Greenhouse-Waterproof-Mounting-Installation/dp/B0B99WLPM4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=PZEXREZ4X4SX&keywords=solar+fan+for+chicken+coop&qid=1688093500&sprefix=solar+fan+,aps,1167&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

It's a decent fan. I liked that the two fans could be mounted separately. The fans aren't very large but when the solar panel is getting full sun they spin like crazy. (We don't have power at the coop so solar fan was the only option.)
Exact system we just installed . Husbands not fond of system not having battery storage so it'll run after sun goes down. But....it's doing the best it can😆

Be very careful doing this...you could shock them and kill them.
Is there a similar fear when bringing chickens inside on a hot day? It got up to 95 degrees here today but feels like 105. Some of our hens started panting, so I set them up in the garage. However, I did wonder if moving them from the 95-degree heat to our 72-degree house would be too big of a temp change? The garage is warmer than that, so not concerned about their current situation—just curious!

Is there a similar fear when bringing chickens inside on a hot day? It got up to 95 degrees here today but feels like 105. Some of our hens started panting, so I set them up in the garage. However, I did wonder if moving them from the 95-degree heat to our 72-degree house would be too big of a temp change? The garage is warmer than that, so not concerned about their current situation—just curious!
I think it's just as bad to move them in and out of the AC and heat.

I do not bring my chickens inside and it's been hotter the heck here for a while now.

Panting is fine.

Yeah the girls wish they had AC 😏. However, just got a solar powered fan, it's getting a test run now. High tomorrow 102 (with humidity at sauna levels) and rest of next week just as bad if not worse 🥵.

Watermelon for an afternoon treat is a big hit. My sister said I spoil the girls, but I told her "better spoiled than broiled!" 😁
Have you actually smelled the girls themselves? If they don't stink, they're not spoiled. 🤣
Yeah the girls wish they had AC 😏. However, just got a solar powered fan, it's getting a test run now. High tomorrow 102 (with humidity at sauna levels) and rest of next week just as bad if not worse 🥵.

Watermelon for an afternoon treat is a big hit. My sister said I spoil the girls, but I told her "better spoiled than broiled!" 😁

Back
Top Bottom