Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
If any of you guys have FB pages, we have a nice sized group of Pomeranian breeders on the Pomeranian Geese group. Their is a very large breeder (young man but has 75 birds) of gray Pomeranians in Maryland. I also have heard their is a German flock (solid colors) in Pennsylvania somewhere as well: We have a breeders map on the page and over 130 members.

Personally, I raise Buff Saddlebacks for preservation and show: I had one old goose win Reserve Champion Waterfowl at a show in November. However, I don't ship goslings at this time, only eggs. I did sell a small flock to LaMike of Paradise Waterfowl in Northern Louisiana and he may ship goslings. Here are a couple shots of my birds. I need to get some new ones, perhaps if it stays nice out today I will do that.

Im looking to buy one some in the spring, will anyone be selling them ?

T-County Ohio! I grew up in Carroll County, Carrollton, and lived in New Philadelphia for about 18 years prior to moving to Louisiana. My sister lives in Barnhill and if she ever drives down to visit, or I head up that direction I might be able to get a goose or two up that way!

I'm looking for Pomeranian saddlebacks with good markings and pink bills/feet. Most gaggles I see are orange bills/feet mix or babies start pink then turn orange unfortunately.

Several of us are working toward bringing back the pink. I am in the process of arranging the purchase of some eggs from a flock of German Poms in March. It's my hope to use these to help the bill/legs/foot coloration and hopefully not lose my markings in the process.

Magoo-- confused. How do you only have buffs if buff is recessive... wouldn't that mean you had a buff male and female to start with so that recessive with recessive kept breeding recessive? I have greys and got two buffs out of them this year which I hadn't planned on and didn't want. No offense. Buffs are beautiful, I just need to limit what I work with here. Thank you for the note on the FB bit. Not an FB fan either but it works for some things.

Magoo-- confused. How do you only have buffs if buff is recessive... wouldn't that mean you had a buff male and female to start with so that recessive with recessive kept breeding recessive? I have greys and got two buffs out of them this year which I hadn't planned on and didn't want. No offense. Buffs are beautiful, I just need to limit what I work with here. Thank you for the note on the FB bit. Not an FB fan either but it works for some things.

Buff is recessive when bred with grey. When you breed buff to buff, all you get is buff, which is why I only have those on the property. I started with a Buff pair and have added only Buff stock: Brought in birds from Brandon Abee before he sold his flock a couple years back.
No offense taken as to the color preference. I chose Buff for two reasons: First, and most obvious they were the first ones I found that were anywhere near me (that flock has now been dispersed). Second, I stayed with them because of the two varieties of Pomeranian they are by far the least worked with and therefore have fewer numbers.
Not everyone has room or funds to work with multiple breeds and varieties, so picking one is typically the best route for most folks. I do have the room, but saved that all important third pasture for the eggs I am getting in March: Pure German Pomeranians.

As to Facebook....I primarily use it for poultry and waterfowl stuff. I am now President of the Gulf Coast Poultry Fanciers Association and am Show Coordinator/Secretary for the Gulf South Fall Classic in Baton Rouge, and FB has been a great tool for marketing the club and show!

Last edited:
do you know a name, phone number or website for either/both of these?
Here is a link to the google map of Pomeranian breeders that Cindy C. put together on Facebook.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zgqrikb3mrIE.kRxQGoyp2XoY

...and the text copied from our latest breeders list. I redacted the information for those only wanting contacted via FB.

Paradise Poultry & Waterfowl
Mike Manshack
318-518-8467
Haughton,La
Buf Saddleback (came from Rhonda Silva's flock)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrance Spencer
402-643-3744
[email protected]
Milford, NE
Buff Saddle Back, Gray Saddle Back and Blue Saddle Back

Terry Maassen
(712) 722-4230
Center, IA
Gray Saddle Back

Sand Hill Preservation Center
(563) 246-2299

[email protected]
Calamus, IA
Gray Saddle Back

Richard Davis
(301) 373-6927
(202) 437-6530

[email protected]
Hollywood, MD
Gray Saddle Back

Emily Scully
(530) 217-9200
Winters, CA
Gray Saddle Back

Ari Katz
(301) 633-7866
[email protected]
[email protected]
Barnesville, MD
Gray Saddle Back

Rhonda Silva (1MrsMagoo)
Bentwood Farms
(985) 801-9540
Bush, LA
[email protected] (BEST WAY TO CONTACT)
Buff Saddle Back
Eggs only for shipping. Goslings or juveniles regionally

Ewert's Country Waterfowl
(320) 224-7415
[email protected]
Buff Saddle Back and Gray Saddle Back

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laurie Mackie-Malcolm
http://www.littlespringfarmcroft.com/
Stow, Maine
Buff Saddle Back and Gray Saddleback

Last edited:
Mrs magoo! Im trying to reach u! I am in need of a couple beautiful buff pom girls.i tried to PM u but not sure if I did it right. My name is Heather and I spoke to u a few years ago when I hatched my grey saddlebacks. Thank u in advance!

Back
Top Bottom