Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
So I love my Poms.... Got my first Goose egg today
wee.gif
Cracked it open to check fertility and IT'S FERTILE!!!!
celebrate.gif
So, now I need to figure out when I wanna set eggs for Spring.

Did have a quick question though, how long does it take for Goose Eggs to hatch??
Congrats on the first egg! and some very good reading while eating it.
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

I had a coyote attack one night last week. They came and killed 8 geese. They ate most of two of them, but just killed the rest. They came back to feed on the geese that they had killed, but I had already buried them, so they killed a lamb, about 50 pounds. I have always allowed my geese and sheep to free range during the day, but at night they come into the barn, but are not shut in, they are now. So discouraged. Still have 15 geese but am not sure if all the worry and stress is worth it and takes all the enjoyment out of having them.... .

I had a coyote attack one night last week. They came and killed 8 geese. They ate most of two of them, but just killed the rest. They came back to feed on the geese that they had killed, but I had already buried them, so they killed a lamb, about 50 pounds. I have always allowed my geese and sheep to free range during the day, but at night they come into the barn, but are not shut in, they are now. So discouraged. Still have 15 geese but am not sure if all the worry and stress is worth it and takes all the enjoyment out of having them.... .
It stinks to lose animals.

You need to improve your fencing, get some guardian dogs, or get rid of the rest of the animals. They'll keep coming back.

I'm so sorry for your losses
hugs.gif
, but I have a question? you say you didn't lock them in at night? As you have found out, not a good idea. Predators will find the free meals pretty quick and always come back for more. I'm glad to hear your now locking them in for their protection and your peace of mind. Try not to be too discouraged it is heart breaking to lose them so needlessly but you have learn a valuable lesson now use it to keep the rest safe. I could not leave any one of my animals out after dark. I know there are predators just waiting for me to let my guard down. Our animals depend on us.

I know that this is not the selling page, but have several fertile Pomeranian Hatching eggs. They all run together(buffs and grays) so you could get some of each color. I am asking $5 per egg and you must pay postage.(Priority Mail) Will mail anywhere in continental U.S. PM me if interested. Thanks TOM

I know that this is not the selling page, but have several fertile Pomeranian Hatching eggs. They all run together(buffs and grays) so you could get some of each color. I am asking $5 per egg and you must pay postage.(Priority Mail) Will mail anywhere in continental U.S. PM me if interested. Thanks TOM

I'm looking for Pomeranian saddlebacks with good markings and pink bills/feet. Most gaggles I see are orange bills/feet mix or babies start pink then turn orange unfortunately.

Last edited:
Hi, I live in northeast pa and have been looking for someone who has Pomeranian goslings for sale and is either in the area or is willing to ship some goslings. My dad's been wanting a pair but all the breeders/hatcherys seem to have dispersed their flocks :( I can only find people who ship eggs, but we don't have any means to hatch eggs at the moment. And the people who are selling goslings are all too far away to justify shipping prices or driving down there. :/

If anyone is currently or going to have some for sale and is willing to ship them or in my general area please PM me. I'm good with either color :)

I've heard everyone's breeding season is all over the place this year so I figured it would be better to get this out here sooner rather than later :)

By the way, I've gone through the whole thread and I loved all the photos and stories :D

My pomeranian goose is broody, and very hissy-- but has no mate--I will be ordering some Pom. eggs from a breeder in Ontario, but I expect it'll be a few years till I get established. Good luck and if I see anyone in the US with eggs I'll post here.

Back
Top Bottom