Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
If you don't mind me asking, which other breeds have the saddleback pattern? Whichever breed she ends up being is perfect. I was the child in the family who always opened gifts b4 I was suppose to Lol The whole guessing game is fun tho
smile.png
Sebestapols are also bred to have the saddleback pattern: They come in both smooth and curly breasts.

Can anyone tell me- do you think this female in the cage is a Pomeranian?
I just got her, her mate (a white Embden I think) and her three white offspring- the owner just thought they were "common" geese- but to me- she's bang on for a Pomeranian. Piercing blue eyes. The male is white, blue eyed, so are the offspring. But the saddleback goose is just beautiful with her blue eyes, reddish pink feet. She has a single lobe as does one of her offspring, the other 3 I would say are double lobed.

Can anyone tell me- do you think this female in the cage is a Pomeranian?
I just got her, her mate (a white Embden I think) and her three white offspring- the owner just thought they were "common" geese- but to me- she's bang on for a Pomeranian. Piercing blue eyes. The male is white, blue eyed, so are the offspring. But the saddleback goose is just beautiful with her blue eyes, reddish pink feet. She has a single lobe as does one of her offspring, the other 3 I would say are double lobed.

She looks very Pom in her colouring, lovely drk grey. Where abouts do you live?
Years ago, the 'common goose' was quite widely spread in pockets throughout Europe, and was slowly developed into the various goose breeds we have today, roughly... The males of these 'common' geese were white-ish, the females either grey or saddleback, like Cottonpatch (has either pied or grey females), Shetland, West-of-England, Normandy, or Pilgrim ...breeds that have developed from those original common geese. Here where I live, all these type of geese are still referred to as Common geese. Shetlands are small, as are Normandies and Cottonpatch, then the Pilgrims are a little bigger, but the Poms are a lot bigger.
Is that a special waterfowl feed she has there?
She´s very beautiful, glad she´s picking up now.

Back
Top Bottom