Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
Hi All. I finally found a source for Sweet PDZ in my area. They do not stock it but can order it in for me, Before I order what is the consensus, Powder or Granular ? I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but I cant seem to find where. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I can only get granular right now although I think I've found someone to order the powder, too. My vote goes with granular in the poop box b/o less dust (but it is still dusty and I have to wear a mask or end up coughing). But I want to get powder to mix with the pine shavings because the granular just fall through to the bottom.

BTW, having the PDZ doesn't take the stink away. Just makes it easier to clean it out of the coop. If the droppings were completely coatedin PDZ that would help..but it's not the case. I get a poop-free coop once a day with the PDZ..when I clean it out.

Congrats. You're going to love this!
Missa

I just moved my girls to the new coop and only put PDZ down thinly on the whole floor and I have to say I don't know if I'll add shavings. The places they roost creates a pile 'o' poop and the the PDZ keeps it dry and I just scoop it up with the cat scoop. They don't seem to care. I have hay in the nesting boxes and they use all 3 boxes (randomly) and other than that they are down in the run. I was kind of dreading cleaning the coop in winter, and now I only think I have to clean the little piles of poop and be done :)

50lb bag cost 18.00 =priceless

I have a question about a poop board. It is one of the things that didn't get put in. I am dreading not having it in. I want to install one, but i don't know if it will work. All the pictures i've seen have been a single roost bar, but i have a three tiered ladder roost. Will ir work for these? If it helps, no one sleeps on the bottom one.

Thanks!
CG3

Chicks galore3: if you position the poop deck where the poop falls to, there should be a poop pile there now, then it will work fine. Yours just may have to be a little wider.

Last edited:
My perch is a 2 - tier ladder type, and I made a poop board that sits on the floor underneath it with Stall-Dry (I had that on hand which is similar, and once it's used up will switch to PDZ.) Here's a picture that shows it.

Back
Top Bottom