Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
I will take a shot tomorrow after it is dirty ... it's already clean and pristine again this morning (before I read this!) I can't believe HOW EASY it is, wow. We made a modification last night after they were all figuring out their new perch ... and six of them (out of 14) gravitated toward the end, with three on the bottom and three on top. That clearly wasn't going to work, as yes their poop would have gone on the floor and on the ones below. My husband put a board on the end, which didn't dissuade the three on the top, but took care of the bottom dweller problem. I figured I would have to pick up poop off the floor, but this morning there was none there, they figured it out.

I don't know what size boards he used, I will ask him tonight.

I can't get mine to roost at all, even with juvenile/lower roosts for them.

But they had NO problem with one flying up on top of my head to try to roost, and another following to my shoulder.

I became the poop board last night at roosting time.

LOL

WOW I love this idea!!! I will be setting up my new coop with PDZ on Poo Boards. We are planning on having 5 nest boxes with outside access, is it possible to place these under a Poo Board? So that I can have two boards, one with a feed/water station underneath and the other with the nesting boxes underneath. I am only going to have about 5 x 8 space for the inside of my coop and want to utilize as much space as possible.

If you look through this lengthly thread, you will find a great shots of nest boxes under the poop boards. Also, I have my nest boxes elevated--so I don't lose hardly any floor space. Gotta love those 5 gallons buckets--so many uses!

Last edited:
WOW I love this idea!!! I will be setting up my new coop with PDZ on Poo Boards. We are planning on having 5 nest boxes with outside access, is it possible to place these under a Poo Board? So that I can have two boards, one with a feed/water station underneath and the other with the nesting boxes underneath. I am only going to have about 5 x 8 space for the inside of my coop and want to utilize as much space as possible.
We have our food mounted underneath our poop board. :) Works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom