Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

Pics
Hi! Just joining in this thread! Thought I would share pics of my sweet baby! He is almost 9 weeks old. His daddy was a Rhode Island Red Rooster and mama was a Barred Rock hen. We are almost positive that he is a roo, even though he is currently a little stocky like a hen. He has a nice tall comb for his age, and isn't it true that only the roos should be barred from this particular cross? He is completely barred. Mostly red and white barring, but black and white on his neck and tail. I think he's adorable and will grow up to be a gorgeous roo! He was the only surviving hatchling of my first time broody hen. He has bonded to me like his mother hen, and is still living indoors. This is what I get for winter hatching! Ha! Anyway, just wanted to share our cross that has turned out beautifully! By the way...his name is Rocky! He is the son of Tyson the roo and Emma the barred rock hen.
love.gif

Oh my goodness, I've been looking for somewhere to show off the chicks my broodies hatched this summer!

These two I'm most proud of!
Beardo, female cross between Ameraucana and a Silkie mutt (who also raised them), about 15 weeks I think:

I would've guessed she was Amercauna/Golden Comet, but those feathered legs!

Here she is with her daddy! I'm thinking this is her mom (who also raised them):

And this is my little boy (he's actually bigger than his parents now)! Silkie roo/Golden Comet:

His brown spot!

He's the silliest thing, and he's just starting to crow and do the rooster dance :p I have to figure out how to keep him!

I love cross breeds!

Here's Molly--silkie dad and Easter egger mama (and raised by a broody bantam cochin! :lol: ). We hope she lays blue eggs...:)

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3225 (2).JPG

Andy--red bantam cochin dad and golden sebright mom (raised by a tiny OEGB mom):
IMG_3302.JPG

Smokey--red bantam cochin father and sapphire olive egger mom (raised by the same tiny OEGB mama):
IMG_3409.JPG

Robin--red pyle OEGB mom and silkie dad (flirting with a couple ladies :))
IMG_3399.JPG
:

Here is mine. Some have said she is a blue maran mix. Others say old english game/blue sumatra. I have no idea. We rescued her from a not so good home. She hasnt started laying yet but her face is getting redder by the day. Would be awesome if she lays a chocolate brown egg!

How much her comb has grown

Back
Top Bottom