Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Thanks Chris

She is from Aubreys birds which would be white roos ( masking Silver Duckwing) and Golden hens. When she was a chick and when feathering out, she looked like a Black Sexlink pullet with the brown face so we started calling them brown Reds, but now she is clearly silver instead of gold.

Quote:
She got the coloring from the Silver Duckwing side...
I have a Golded Duckwing Rooster American Game out of a Silver Duckwing /Black Breasted Red Cross and when I cross him with a Black hen I get alot of Silver Birchen and Mealy Grays..

Chris

Ok. Here are the pics:

Group shot (kind of):
002-1.jpg

Whites:
004-1.jpg

Brown Reds:
009-3.jpg

Silver Duckwings:
0172.jpg

The one I dropped still is doing well, I hope it's not brain damaged...lol

Quote:
I have a Golded Duckwing Rooster American Game out of a Silver Duckwing /Black Breasted Red Cross and when I cross him with a Black hen I get alot of Silver Birchen and Mealy Grays..

Chris

That'll be freakin awsome if they do ahpe up that way, sure hope they do, I love that mealy gray color!
Got to hatch me some more of them. Mine were in the hardest part of the winter and the light went out and lost mine, hatching a lot of them for chick orders, will try to keep back a few of those.
Thanks Chris
AND yep, those pics of our chicks above are exactly what they look like as babies!
and put a head wrap on his little noggin for the night!! LOL

Last edited:
Quote:

Chris

That'll be freakin awsome if they do ahpe up that way, sure hope they do, I love that mealy gray color!
Got to hatch me some more of them. Mine were in the hardest part of the winter and the light went out and lost mine, hatching a lot of them for chick orders, will try to keep back a few of those.
Thanks Chris
AND yep, those pics of our chicks above are exactly what they look like as babies!
and put a head wrap on his little noggin for the night!! LOL

Me too, I would prefer that Grey Mealy color over the Brown Reds too, this is the first I have heard of a color called Grey Mealy though, is it genetically the same as silver birchin ? That's what it look like.

And have you gotten your eggs from Toni Marie yet Aubrey ?\\

And thanks again Chris for the valuable info and telling us what you got from your crosses.

Back
Top Bottom