Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

This is my Feb 1st hatch. Hard to tell by size, but the buff silkie is the mama. The black orp and serama are siblings. I sold the rest but left 2 for my 2 silkies to mother. One hen realized that they were old enough by around 8 weeks. MaiMai is not the brightest chicken. She's still mothering them
IMG_6791 (2).jpg

IMG_6801 (2).JPG

IMG_6817 (2).JPG

IMG_6818 (2).jpg

IMG_6821 (2).jpg

and here's Awesome ..... because he just loves to pose.

He's standing on the arm of the treat chair. It's where we like to sit and feed the chickens. If anyone dares sit in this chair, he/she will be covered with chickens in a couple minutes. Sometimes the chickens like to go there and hang out - in hopes that someone will come sit in the treat chair.
IMG_6825 (2).jpg

I'm pretty sure. Many of my male orps get combs & wattles at 3.5 weeks - long before they get all their feathers.
View attachment 1643158
By 6 weeks they're obvious.
View attachment 1643139

I've also had a few possible "males" end up being girls.
The mama to this current chick was one of those tricksters. Here she was at almost 5 weeks. Look at those wattles hanging down!!!
View attachment 1643167

This was her at about 6.5 weeks. She had red wattles .... but the comb was so tiny.
View attachment 1643161

It got so bad that the kids dressed this chicken up to get in touch with its feminine side:
View attachment 1643170

In the end, I'm glad we kept this hen because she's big and beautiful. (However, her babies sometimes get her early wattles
View attachment 1643171
What a beautiful chicken! What breed is it again?

I'm pretty sure. Many of my male orps get combs & wattles at 3.5 weeks - long before they get all their feathers.
View attachment 1643158
By 6 weeks they're obvious.
View attachment 1643139

I've also had a few possible "males" end up being girls.
The mama to this current chick was one of those tricksters. Here she was at almost 5 weeks. Look at those wattles hanging down!!!
View attachment 1643167

This was her at about 6.5 weeks. She had red wattles .... but the comb was so tiny.
View attachment 1643161

It got so bad that the kids dressed this chicken up to get in touch with its feminine side:
View attachment 1643170

In the end, I'm glad we kept this hen because she's big and beautiful. (However, her babies sometimes get her early wattles
View attachment 1643171
Such a beautiful chicken! What type is it again?

Such a beautiful chicken! What type is it again?
All of mine are Orpingtons. (Different color/feather patterns. Mine are from imported English bloodlines. That's why they look so round & extra fluffy because of the looser feathering.) I also have a few seramas, but they are very different little birds.
Lavender Orp pullet:
IMG_0310 copy.jpg

serama pullet:
IMG_6680 (2).JPG

All of mine are Orpingtons. (Different color/feather patterns. Mine are from imported English bloodlines. That's why they look so round & extra fluffy because of the looser feathering.) I also have a few seramas, but they are very different little birds.
Lavender Orp pullet:View attachment 2715519
serama pullet:
View attachment 2715520
Your Orpingtons are all very pretty.
I did not know Serama chickens existed ha. I read up on them a little, they are really neat. I recently got a Buff Orpington and Buff Rock and have a question about them. Not sure how to post a question on here but going to try.

Hello. I recently got a Buff Rock and a Buff Orpington. The Buff Rock is older, about 4.5 mo old. The Buff Orpington is about 2 mo old.
I can not post pics now but hopefully can soon.
So, my question is, are they probably the breed I was told?
The Buff Rock is an orange/ gold color. She has yellow legs and is semi fluffy. Her eyes are green.
The Buff Orpington is a lighter orange/ tan and is fluffy. Her legs are a white light pink. Not sure about her eye color
but I did notice she has a white flight feather (think it is called a flight feather). Seems I read something somewhere about white flight feathers and that determining if they are full Orpington but can’t find that now.
Thanks for any info.!

Meet Blondie, one of my best broodies.

100_2289-2.jpg
I've had a lot of Blondies over the years, usually buff rocks but my Buff O is the broodiest by far. Her name is Buffy..she is a pretty girl when she is not doing her puffy demented broody act. Like now.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1623642616138.jpg
    FB_IMG_1623642616138.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom