Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

80320_250.jpg

this is Mrs. White our white orpington

I just listed one more Book authored by Dan Honour. It is about White Leghorns, but the thoughts are universal to ALL breeders aspiring to better their birds.
And he has 4 of these books, 1 will become mine forever, the other 3 I will list one every week till we sell him out of his stock.

THOUGHTS ON BREEDING WHITE LEGHORNS by D.J.Honour 2010 ,8 x 11 bound paperback book ,new,68 pages .Starting bid $30.
As the listing I posted last nite as a "FREE GIFT" I am offering another 8 Black Orpington hatching eggs. Every single penny will go to Dan. He is well worth it for his wisdom in breeding Buff's and in this book is catters to those who breed "WHITES".
If you like to learn from a Master breeder of 40 plus years go check it out

Listed on EBAY under

Business & Industrial > Agriculture & Forestry > Livestock Supplies > Poultry

009-2.jpg

Last edited:
51568_feb_2011_jrt-dogs_007.jpg

"BIG FOOT" ~my Handsome man not yet one year old !
smile.png

51568_feb_2011_jrt-dogs_006.jpg

Here he is protecting his hens from me...........
cool.png

[One of my 'yet to name' lovely hens searching for that Winter Treat.......
51568_feb_2011_jrt-dogs_009.jpg

51568_feb_2011_jrt-dogs_002.jpg

"PINKY" ~ my freezing weather broody girl
big_smile.png

Last edited:
here is some of mine...

42757_chicken_pics_045.jpg

42757_chicken_pics_042.jpg

42757_chicken_pics_038.jpg

42757_chicken_pics_037.jpg

and Tuffoldhen remember this boy??? he has sired over 100 chicks for me... and is the father of my Lav Marans project i am working on... and next week he is going to a friends house to add the Lav color to 2 other breeds... do you think thats a record for one rooster 3 breeds???
thanks for sharing him with me
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

42757_182772_10150094670246606_588936605_6860030_831197_n1.jpg

Hey everyone
smile.png

My fifteen Buff Orpington chicks (all female assortment from Meyer) is arriving in just eight days! So, since I'll probably be on this thread much more often, I'd love to introduce myself. I'm Louieandthecrew, you you can see, and, at the moment, I have three chickens. I've had seventeen chickens in my lifetime and have loved them since the first day I got them! My oldest rooster is named Louie. He is a Red Brown Cochin. Don't know how we came to the name, but it is what it is! He is almost two years old and he is the last living/unsold chicken from our very first clutch. My hen (no, not plural
wink.png
) is Tiny. She is a Red Sex Link 1year and 8months old. And, the last is my little Black Cochin/White Japanese cross. They named him Coral Rose after the mother fish that's killed in "Finding Nemo" and then we found out he was a rooster and changed his name to Cory Rose. I don't know why they didn't choose a more masculine name (
roll.png
) but, oh well. I'd love to share pictures if you'd love to see them! Thanks
smile.png

Louie. (Yes, call me Louie
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom