Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Sooooooooooooo, what kinds of Orpingtons do you all have? I've none as of today, but anytime between March 1-3 I'll be getting some Buffs
smile.png

Thought i'd share some pics of my bunch. They are almost a year old. I still have roos to cull yet, but it is really hard to do it. These roos in the pics are the main ones I choose to definatly keep. I'll post pics of the others soon.

Pierre
103_6378.jpg

103_6349.jpg

103_6342.jpg

103_6339.jpg

103_6340.jpg

Iggy
103_6381.jpg

103_6382.jpg

103_6389.jpg

103_6383.jpg

103_6380.jpg

103_6391.jpg

103_6390.jpg

103_6379.jpg

103_6376.jpg

103_6375.jpg

103_63402.jpg

some of the babies

103_6344.jpg

103_6345.jpg

103_6394.jpg

103_6395.jpg

103_6392.jpg

@ heritage- LOL Hmmmm, now there's a thought. Never shipped "live" anything before, let alone that big......he's huge. I bet he weighs 10 pounds easy.
lol.png
I seriously do need to get rid of some of them:p

Quote:
i got my Lav orp boy shipped in from tuffoldhen in WV he weighs about 8#... if i remember right i cost me about 75$ for shipping... are you NPIP certified??? that is the first step... its a good way to get rid of extra boys if they are good quality...

Unfortunatly no Im not certified. I thought about getting it done, but...ya know...priorities. LOL Oh they are lookers for sure, but without the certification, ya its kinda hard to get rid of them.

Does anyone near/around Seattle/Marysville, WA have any pullet "culls" they'd be willing to sell me? Particularly blues, lavs or splashes... I can get buffs at any feed store... but I would love to have a orp of a different color or two. I don't have much money, but I'd see what I could do!

Do "colored" orps lay as well as the buffs?

PM me, heh.
smile.png

Sooo many beautiful Orps!
droolin.gif
I have a BO rooster and plan to get a rainbow of Orpington hens soon.
fl.gif

I do have a slightly off topic/odd request for you all. Can I get someone to post a close up pic of a BO's front leg scales? I need to see what "normal" looks like. I am thinking my Archie may have the very early signs of scaly leg mites. I tried to get pics but he was not cooperating.
barnie.gif

Brattish-- crazy thing, I was looking at my 'roos legs and they are striking me as "not normal". Very big, obvious scales, with several of them raised. I was going to try and get a picture tomorrow if I had the time. I'm worried... hopefully vaseline will take care of them... I don't know how I would clean under those scales though....
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom