Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

One of my favorite 50% EBO pullets.6 weeks old.

Look out when you open the gate ! Some of the babies I have available. They are from 6-14 weeks old. Some are 100% EBO, and some are 50% EBO and SOP.There are a few missing who went heaven knows where in the orchard.One of their moms in the background staying far away from her hoodlums.

Enlarge these, and look at the combs. I am very pleased with what the Sunshine Girls and Monty produced last fall.
Wow ,they are growing fast and very nice looking babies.

One of my favorite 50% EBO pullets.6 weeks old.

Look out when you open the gate ! Some of the babies I have available. They are from 6-14 weeks old. Some are 100% EBO, and some are 50% EBO and SOP.There are a few missing who went heaven knows where in the orchard.One of their moms in the background staying far away from her hoodlums.

Enlarge these, and look at the combs. I am very pleased with what the Sunshine Girls and Monty produced last fall.

love.gif

Can't sleep! Too much noise from a loud mouth White Orpington! Its a bit lonely in the brooder tote. Its friends are still trying to escape their shells over in the incubator. Not sure how Jahdan (11) can sleep with this chick screaming! I moved into the living room and can still hear it. Jahdan and I share a room with the incubator and brooder tote. These chicks are headed to the farm as soon as I get the electric outlet installed on the meterbox!

The peace will be short lived. In about 10 days another batch of White and BBS Orpingtons start hatching. Along with some BBS Orp Bantams and a few Buff Wyandotte Bantams. There are also some of the Arkansas Blue egg layers to hatch next week.
This post cracked me up! Reminded me of a chick we had this summer, she was in TERRIBLE shape, dried to the bottom of an incubator at school classroom hatch. We brought her home, doctored her up, but then when she was in the tote even WITH other chicks, this little baby was Screaming bloody murder. She could be heard throughout the house, I couldn't fall asleep and finally around 1:00am DS came down from his bedroom and told me, "Mom! I can't take it!!" We then made the decision to take her out to the coop and slip her under our broody. DS says, 'it's a bit like leaving a baby on a doorstep". I said, it is EXACTLY like leaving a baby on a door step. That Barred Holland Broody took the chick right in, she even catered to it above and beyond the rest of her brood. I would post her pic…but she is a White Marans… Anywho, in keeping with the thread, here is one of my Orpie Babies:

Quote:
Here is what we are putting up with. The first are White Orpingtons. The other are Easter Eggers (now for sale). We still have 4 eggs in the incubator but fear they will not hatch. But we have some more White Orps due next week or so, along with some BBS LF Orp and BBS Bantam Orp. These Whites are from a Washington breeder via an Oklahoma breeder. The next hatch came from a Florida breeder.

Vickie, they are fantastic! that pullet is amazing..little jelous of that green grass down there.. about 2 1/2 months and it will start to come back here too..its bitter cold out today so the heat is on to ward off frostbite..still digging out from snow storm,,I moved birds closer together just befor the storm..lot less to dig out..they had to issue snow emergency yesterday..just because it was blowing , drifting and they were having hard time clearing it..

Really nice black female blarneyeggs..we dont judge peoples basements..who doesnt have stuff here or there..we all do.

Vickie, they are fantastic! that pullet is amazing..little jelous of that green grass down there.. about 2 1/2 months and it will start to come back here too..its bitter cold out today so the heat is on to ward off frostbite..still digging out from snow storm,,I moved birds closer together just befor the storm..lot less to dig out..they had to issue snow emergency yesterday..just because it was blowing , drifting and they were having hard time clearing it..

Really nice black female blarneyeggs..we dont judge peoples basements..who doesnt have stuff here or there..we all do.

Looks like you have a lots of snow!

Aveca, I don't envy you that snow. Still a lot of green here too.
Vickie they look, as usual, fantastic!
Lynne...I have a guest room ! Can make room for the birds too. Stay warm !

Sarah, thank you ! The kids all seem to get along even with mixed ages . Can't think of another breed that would do this. Love Orps !

Just had a question about the cockerel's beak in the photo. He was eating grass, and the light makes his beak look funny. The beak is fine, in fact he has a lovely head and beak, with a sweet expression.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom