Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

I've been told my rooster is American... but I've seen many American orpington rooster and he doesn't look like one to me. Opinions?

I have an English Orpington roo and he is the size of a turkey! This guy looks the same to me. I'm not that familiar with the "English" Orp breed as this is my first one but compared to the American Lavender roo I had, I would say he definitely looks English to me.

This is my English Orp roo:

Last edited:

We sure enjoy seeing all the wonderful pics of everyones birds. Thought we would share a pic of our girls. They are sure growing up fast. They are now six months old and we are starting to see a few eggs each day. :)
Makes a person want to reach down and hug them......I need a pullet like that at my house........

I have an English Orpington roo and he is the size of a turkey! This guy looks the same to me. I'm not that familiar with the "English" Orp breed as this is my first one but compared to the American Lavender roo I had, I would say he definitely looks English to me.

This is my English Orp roo:

Yay! Thank you!

I've been told my rooster is American... but I've seen many American orpington rooster and he doesn't look like one to me. Opinions?

Hi Alibra,

If you go to "dragonlady"s profile, you will be able to see the photos of, Monty, who is a perfect example of a high quality English Orpington, which can help you see the type that they are supposed to be. Dragon Lady has gorgeous English, as well as American Orpingtons, where studying her photographs is very helpful in training one's eye as to the difference between the two types. I thought of posting Monty's photo; but, can not do it without her permission.

Your rooster has very interesting, and pretty colours.

Lual

Bella's mother and her 3 babies
1385362_4921585297109_1169656834_n.jpg
Great photo Johnn ! I've never seen ewes with clipped necks, and such a high tag clip before. I take it they are due to lamb after Christmas, and are raised for meat, not fleece? For those who don't know about sheep..... Lambs are not too bright, and will starve to death sometimes just sucking on a tag of wool on their mothers' udder.Ewes also have a lanolin plug in their teats that needs to be emptied before the milk will flow for the lambs.

Back
Top Bottom