post your chicken coop pictures here!

I guess it all depends on your upbringing, farmers don't take down their hot fences when they have kids, instead they tell the kids 'don't touch' and when the kids don't listen (I know I didn't, heck my friends and I would take bets on who could hold on the longest) they will learn that hard way just as fast as the dog does...
That was how my ex's dog learned how to come when it was called. He was a year old black lab and a city dog, so he never really got to be off the leash out of the yard. I had him out and was walking around the barn, and he was just having so much fun. He went into one of the horse lots here. I was calling him back, figuring he would just get tired of being out in the lot. He gets down into the far corner of the lot and all of a sudden lets out a blood curdling yelp. He beats feet right back to me with his tail between his legs and his thought bubble clearly stated that something just jumped up and bit me. But after that though, he paid attention to when he was called.

Here is my coop we built under our kids play house
Other than around the coop you shouldn't have to worry too much about mud unless you got a really big flock.

Finally! My chicken coop/been garden is done. Just minor details left (more plants).

Just finished our new coop! It's 4ft wide x 3ft deep, and a substantial upgrade from the retrofitted entertainment center we've used for the last three years. Roof and floor are insulated. Front window is operational and a vent is built into the roofline in the back. My husband and I had no prior construction skills and just "winged it." ; ) I'm grateful for all the great design ideas I found on this site!

Back
Top Bottom