Post your Duck names!

Pics

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Someone had posted a topic in the chicken section of BYC ab out their unique chicken names... it inspired me to start that topic here... So go ahead and post your duck's names!

I'll start, My brown runner MingMei (pronounced: meeng- may) was named by my chinese roomate. Her name means smart and beautiful in chinese.

My other duck is named Victor... Which isn't all that weird of a name, but the funny story is in why we named him that. My duck is named after a chinese gangster. When we first got him he was very, well aggressive/fiesty maybe? he constantly tried jumped out of his brooder, he bit ming mei who was bigger and older on her butt constantly. He ate voraciously, and used to have this problem with biting the lip of any person he could get close enough to. My finace said he was a tough guy like this chinese gangster he used to know named victor back in high school. lol. The name stuck... (Go figure he's a biggest baby now, he's super snuggly, doesn't nip anymore, and he runs form his own shadow).

So what about you guys? Why did you name your duck what you did?

Last edited:
C99DA9DA-0521-46DB-B701-C2574554DA25.jpeg
Dave and Bingo! e. I am hoping to get a new one soon, which I will finally get to name. He will be named Steve, after Steve Irwin.

Ricky Ricardo and his girls Lucy and Ethel, we had a fred but hes gone.... but my husband named them because he grew up loving "i love lucy". Then my lone swedish petunia is a pig. So we named her after porky's girlfriend. Cricket likes to hop. Aurora and Opal came from a face book contest with my friends because we couldn't think of names.and Mr.Buff my kids named lol.
20190411_092426.jpg

Although I'm a second time duck owner, a consider myself a first time duck owner since it's been 15ish years since I've had ducks and I'm very much a duck newbie. I currently have two. A Rouen drake named Steve and a Pekin hen named Steve's Friend. Steve's Friend we call Bob, although my DH points out that Bob is a verb and not a name because she's a duck and she well.... bobs in the water. lol...
I have more 3 ducklings on order so I'm sure I'll be back with more names. :D

Back
Top Bottom