Post your parrot pics!

I don't have very many good pictures of my parakeets. This was one where I was trying to show their cage set up when it was new. The blue one is Azul and the green one is Houdini. Yes, he's quite the escape artist. He actually came with that name. The staff at the shelter I adopted him from gave it to him and it just seemed to fit, so I kept it.

Houdini eating a millet treat

Azul sitting on his swing

I don't have very many good pictures of my parakeets. This was one where I was trying to show their cage set up when it was new. The blue one is Azul and the green one is Houdini. Yes, he's quite the escape artist. He actually came with that name. The staff at the shelter I adopted him from gave it to him and it just seemed to fit, so I kept it. Houdini eating a millet treat Azul sitting on his swing
Azul looks like a girly. If the cere is as brown as it looks. :)

Working in rescue I have had an worked with a lot of parrots. Here is my current crew:

Rosie the female Solomon Island Eclctus and Fred the male Solomon Island Eclectus, as well as Basil the red-lored Amazon (RIP)

And Dexter the male Derbyan Parakeet

I have a question I'll be getting a pair of parrot soon I'll most likely get a pair of Eclectus because I've raised one myself and had him for a long time but I've never actually had a pair for breeding purposes my question is if my female is not a good mom could I let a pair of pigeons incubate and raise the baby? I have two pairs right now and one pair are devout parents I've never had a problem before ever! But this is all just in case my ekkies are good parents what do u guys think?

I have a question I'll be getting a pair of parrot soon I'll most likely get a pair of Eclectus because I've raised one myself and had him for a long time but I've never actually had a pair for breeding purposes my question is if my female is not a good mom could I let a pair of pigeons incubate and raise the baby? I have two pairs right now and one pair are devout parents I've never had a problem before ever! But this is all just in case my ekkies are good parents what do u guys think?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/851751/can-a-dove-raise-a-cockatiel

Back
Top Bottom