Poultry Breeding & Showing Class in Sonoma County CA

capayvalleychick

Crowing
14 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Guinda CA
I am in the process of planning a class, which will be taught by APA judge Walt Leonard. Subject matter to be determined, but will include showing and selection for breeding.

Location will be Sonoma County 4-H Center
6445 Commerce Blvd. Rohnert Park, CA.

Date will be Sunday, March 25, 2012 Time: 10 am to 4 pm

Space is limited, so please sign up in advance. Email me for the sign up form: [email protected]

Please post any comments or questions that you have here, to me, and I will answer them, so that we don't take up too much of his time.

Thanks,
Kim

Last edited:
Sorry Kim...That's my fault everyone was responding to the other thread. Sorry to say but I am pretty computer illiterate & did not know how to post the hyperlink to your thread you created.
I am keeping track though............So far, without even counting the people I know that I know that want to go but haven't responded, we have 11 & almost everyone mentioned they are willing to pay. I will keep watching all 3 California threads.

Hi,

I would be interested in the class and help pay ... I can also bring some munchies

Perhaps the week before and after Easter might not be so good, as schools may be on vacation???

Thanks for organizing this !

p.s. Have you asked Carol at the Rose & Thorn store sort of in Sebastopol? She might not want chickens coming on her property however, since she has her own chickens, but she does have an outdoor area that is available for weddings, etc.

Clio, thanks for the offer.

Walt has certain days when he is available, so the dates are based on that. Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays are also an option. I thought a weekend might be easier for most people. Somebody said that Spring break works better for them, so that may or may not be an issue. I also have to figure in that some facilities only have certain days/times available.

I appreciate any ideas for locations. It should have indoor space in case of bad weather. Poultry needs to be allowed. It needs to be within 10 miles of Walt's house.

Michele, the numbers are looking too large for your idea, but thank you.

Kim

Sorry Kim...That's my fault everyone was responding to the other thread. Sorry to say but I am pretty computer illiterate & did not know how to post the hyperlink to your thread you created.
I am keeping track though............So far, without even counting the people I know that I know that want to go but haven't responded, we have 11 & almost everyone mentioned they are willing to pay. I will keep watching all 3 California threads.

Karen, Do you have me on your list? I think that I posted on one of the threads and also did the poll on this one! My schedule is pretty flexible right now so I'm fairly certain that I can make it no matter what the date. I am also willing to contribute to cover any fees.

Back
Top Bottom