Private Message Limit

Sayeessa

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Please help - I am receiving this message everytime I send a message and receive a reply. "You have reached your daily allotment of 2 private messages per day. Note that multiple recipients of the same message each count toward your limit". How can I remove this limit? I only send messages to one person and she is helping me with chicken info, if I have to wait a day between a message this makes it very hard to use BYC. Thank you!

Can't you post a thread about your question?

The best thing about a forum is that all the questions hang around so that good answers are answers for everyone, not just one person.

The PM limit will ware off after you participate on the board, it keeps bad spammers form coming on the board and spamming everyone with PMs.

Good Luck

I'm sorry I have no idea what your reply means. I don't know what the board is or where to post a thread other than here. All I want to do is be able to answer a private message sent to me. The person I was talking to has tried to help but she says she can't find anything about this limit either.

I think what she is saying that you have to post/talk on the main forum click on the forum tab then talk on there. Once you have more post you'll be able to use your pm. I Hope that makes some sense.

A few things going on here:

1. I think peeps are suggesting that any general chicken questions get posted in the forum so others can learn and help together.
  2. You have a PM limit since you are a new member. The more you interact with our community the higher your limit will be raised.

Here's some help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/discussion-forum-tutorial

The above link is in the 'required reading': https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/faq#user_using2 FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions.

This website is a 'forum' or a community of people that talk together.

This is not done in PM or Private Messages because not everyone can be helped by your question.

If you and I have the same question about chickens and you make a thread, I can learn from the answers to the question you asked.

The reason PM's are limited is to get new people to participate in the forum ,or the community, by posting a thread.

Sorry I'm confusing.

Thank you very much, you may not be confusing, maybe I am just confused easily!

Back
Top Bottom