Problem with Site - Not Sure Why

Hi Folks,
One thing you might try doing is disabling or even uninstalling the Java from your browser. Clear your caches and then go get the latest Java. They have just released new versions to counteract a lot of hacking that was going on.

HTH

nana chicken is right on with that. There are some really serious flaws with Java, it's essential to either disable it or use it very selectively, and then make sure you have the absolute latest update. (seriously- the Department of Homeland Security actually released a warning about Java, and Oracle, who is behind Java, is scrambling to rewrite it and close the holes).

There is an add-on for Firefox called NoScript, it lets you see what scripts are running on each site you visit, and help you block the malware. Its easy to use, in the Firefox menu go to tools/add ons/get add ons.

Last edited:
You can look for an ad blocker and script blocker for IE, (go to tools/manage add ons), that will block a lot of the google ads and other stuff from loading.
When I right click on the back button (IE 8) I just get a menu with move/size/minimize/maximize/close. It's odd that the right click on the back button gives a list of googleads... sounds like some odd add on is doing something to your IE. You can also check that through the tools/manage add ons, see what extras are installed.

I do find this site is slow with IE8, but moves quickly with the other browsers.

I've run into one or two corporate sites that are only programmed to work with IE (IE uses a lot of non-standard HTML). I simply use IE for those sites, and Firefox for everything else. Simply having Firefox installed should not cause any problems to the other sites, as long as you don't set it as your default browser; so you could use it for BYC,a and use IE for the other sites.

I only use firefox on my windows 7 computer, been using it for years though, if it wasn't IE is the only way you could get updates for windows and several other programs I would not even waste the space on my hard drive, which 99.8% of the time it is, a waste of computer space on my hard drive......

Confirmation in hand...I do not run my browsers full screen due to how much I tend to have running on my machines. I am not certain what advert it is, specifically; however, every time that I do get the odd "redirect" it is because I have missed the scroll bar and hit an add before it completes loading. Odd, truly, as the code is already registered, so it shouldn't be a broken redirect; but, every time the redirect happens - it is because I've not quite clicked on the scroll bar to scroll - instead I've hit the advert.

Work arounds include: don't run small enough that there is not a buffer between the adverts and the scroll bar / run full screen / wait for the page to fully load before attempting to scroll.

Thanks so much, all, for your feedback on this oddness.

Interesting. I also almost never run full screen (screen resolution is 1600 x 1200), but I have ad blockers (sorry, Nifty.
smile.png
) so I wouldn't have encountered this problem.

Back
Top Bottom