Proud Cayuga owners!!!!

Thanks! We are fairly new to raising ducks, but so far we are enjoying them a lot! The Cayugas are my favorite out of all the breeds we keep. Ours dont lay the black eggs we were expecting however, are they sort of like easter egger chickens in which only some of the hens out of several will lay the colored eggs?

These are my babies. Two Cayugas (Rue and Lily) and the other two are my Khakis (Bramble and Nettle). They are my first ducks. They all turned out to be girls though. I'd love to have at least one drake, preferably a Cayuga. Anyone from Colorado have one too many Drakes?

These are my babies. Two Cayugas (Rue and Lily) and the other two are my Khakis (Bramble and Nettle). They are my first ducks. They all turned out to be girls though. I'd love to have at least one drake, preferably a Cayuga. Anyone from Colorado have one too many Drakes?
Go to the "Where am I where are you' thread and look up your state, that way you are directly connected to folks living there may find a drake faster.. They are beautiful girls by the way, and
welcome-byc.gif

Hi! I have two Cayugas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Their names are Scooter and Skeeter and they are adorable! I have a question about them though. Is it normal for a drake to have some white/very light grey feathers coming out from under his wings? Skeeter is definitly a boy (he has a curled tail feather and a raspy quack) and I though Scooter was a boy until I saw these white feathers on him. I read that only girl Cayugas hae white feathers. Scooter rarely makes any loud noises besides the occasional mumble and when he does make these louder sounds they sound like Skeeter's. Also, Scooter does not have a curled tail feather like Skeeter does and they are both around 16 weeks old. Do you think Scooter is a boy or girl? If hes a boy is it normal for them to have these white feathers?

i see that many people own Cayuga ducks so that is what i m going to look into getting but first i have to run my bator into over drive the next 2 months befor i can order my ducklings i hate waiting for me to be able to get them i was wanting to know would 2 boys and 4 girls would be good if i want to breed them i was think i only have 2 girls to every boy with my scovy will this work with this breed as well

Yes it should be fine. Even though 3 ducks per drake is the recomended amount i hear of and know people who have 2 per drake or even 2 drakes and 3 ducks and all are happy and healthy. Good luck with the breeding and have fun raising cayugas! They really are beautiful ducks:)

I have 5 Cayugas, and i love them. I ordered them last year from Metzers as straight run and only one is a girl. tomorrow I am expecting 10 females from them.

I have 5 Cayugas, and i love them. I ordered them last year from Metzers as straight run and only one is a girl. tomorrow I am expecting 10 females from them.
Very pretty! Be sure to post pics of the babies when they come :)

Just arrived this morning. 10 females made the long trip from California to Akron N.Y.

Back
Top Bottom