Pullet very hard to wake up and when she does, she is limp

I played around with her feet and she has no reaction to anything you do to them. We are putting corid in her water. She try's to stand up and furyously flaps her wings but then stops after a couple seconds.

Give it some time since it sounds as though she is a little stronger than yesterday if she is flapping her wings, and try to get up. I really hope it is not Mareks.

The same thing happened to my RIR hen. I took her to the vet and he tested for parasites. He said he didn't see any, but thought his stool tests weren't accurate. Take her too the vet an get some antibiotics and an examination.

Last edited:
She has been having small seizure like movements about every minute, her neck stretches out then tucks under her legs, her wings stretch out and flap ,her legs kick violently and stretch out as far as they can. Her legs are totally useless. She has been eating and drinking. The skin where her breastbone is, has been getting verry bruised up. She has just been getting worse. Scence she can't walk so her poo has been getting all stuck in her feathers and has an absolute terrible odor that has made me gag several times. I've been giving her the corid. But she has just been getting worse :hit

Awwwwwe
1f61e.png
take her to the vet! She has to live!

Last edited:
She has been having small seizure like movements about every minute, her neck stretches out then tucks under her legs, her wings stretch out and flap ,her legs kick violently and stretch out as far as they can. Her legs are totally useless. She has been eating and drinking. The skin where her breastbone is, has been getting verry bruised up. She has just been getting worse. Scence she can't walk so her poo has been getting all stuck in her feathers and has an absolute terrible odor that has made me gag several times. I've been giving her the corid. But she has just been getting worse :hit

I am sorry that she is getting worse, even though she is eating and drinking. I think Mareks could be a real possiblility, but you should go ahead and contact your state vet--see my previous link--about getting a necropsy. Some will euthanise at no extra cost, and it sounds as though she is suffering. You need to find out if she has Mareks so you can deal with having that in your environment. It also would be a relief to find out it was not Mareks.

Last edited:
Yeah she has gotten worse today, she is panting and having those small seizure like movements very often. I can tell she is suffering... :hit

Back
Top Bottom