Puppy Pictures!

I’ll take any opportunity to post puppy pics. Shenzi the giant schnauzer
5A702D99-E139-4FC2-BBCC-B1C467F7C839.jpeg

8034DD9C-30F5-4EF7-8257-8BE1E14EBB15.jpeg
12903522-1B13-4D2D-BF79-B0C43030A039.jpeg

He’s so cute!! 😍😍 could possibly be Great Pyrenees too? I find those dogs really get around 🤣🤣🤣 I know 4 Pyr mixes, all vastly different in looks and personality. Two are actually short coated like a pit or lab. It’s interesting. My brothers dog they were sure was Newfie wasnt. He’s an eclectic mixture lol no pyr though. It’s odd. Yours could be Newfie too though. We did DNA tests lol
Possibly, but the vet thinks Newfie because of his black coat. He thinks a Pyr would most likely have come out as gray or tan. Either way, Echo's an awesome dog. I am absolutely dumbfounded at what some people throw away!

Possibly, but the vet thinks Newfie because of his black coat. He thinks a Pyr would most likely have come out as gray or tan. Either way, Echo's an awesome dog. I am absolutely dumbfounded at what some people throw away!
Black coat genes are very strong, I think dominant, so if he had Lab or something else mixed in it’s actually quite possible he wouldn’t have been white or tan or anything. Out of the Pyr mixes I know, two are solid black with white markings and short coat with more pit like features. One is reddish tan and white long coat but he’s also mixed with Golden and collie. All normal sized dogs. Not huge. One is pure white medium ish hair like not super tight but not long long and he’s mixed with mastiff and huge. So it can depend for sure. He could still be Newfie though, not trying to convince you otherwise, just that black is a dominant gene and can hide a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom