Puppy Pictures!

Pics
A lot of people don’t cause they think they’re frou frou dogs or prefer doodles or “manly”dogs which, tbh, doodles can be great, but I think if more people knew you can cut a poodle any way you want, including doodle cuts, instead of just the show cuts and how athletic and awesome they are then more people would just get a poodle lol I think people picture them all like the toys aka huge attitude but not all are like that lol
People don't realize that the original poodle - the standard - was bred to be a working bird dog. The long chest and ruff was left uncut to protect the dog's chest and neck from debris and cold water. The "frou frou" poufs over their hindquarters were left to protect their hip joints and organs (liver & such) from the icy-cold water. The same was done over the ankles to protect the joints. The tail was kept short to lower water drag, but a puff was left on the end as a rudder indicator. It showed those on shore which way the dog was headed! "Modern" poodles keep to the original cut .... but waaaaaay overexaggerate it for the show ring. Standards are not the prissy fops some make them out to be. They're strong, friendly and extremely smart. I love me a nice standard poodle!

Photo from 2004
My dog Buddy (passed in 2009)
and my dads dog Minnee (passed in 2017)
View attachment 3161330
💜 Very good dogs, love to remember them.

Buddy was like an old man. He loved kids just not so much babies and toddlers but, he was so nice about it; if he saw a baby/toddler from far away, he would try to reroute the walk before they saw him. If he couldn't escape in time he let them pet him but then he was ready to keep going. Always cracked me up because babies/toddlers loved him and how small he was.
Minnee was the typical "guard" chihuahua. She truly adored my dad. She would growl at my mom if my parents were in an argument; and she would poop in the kid's playroom if my dad spent a lot of time with them. Little stinker :p Good memories keep them alive in our hearts.
Aww they sound amazing!!

People don't realize that the original poodle - the standard - was bred to be a working bird dog. The long chest and ruff was left uncut to protect the dog's chest and neck from debris and cold water. The "frou frou" poufs over their hindquarters were left to protect their hip joints and organs (liver & such) from the icy-cold water. The same was done over the ankles to protect the joints. The tail was kept short to lower water drag, but a puff was left on the end as a rudder indicator. It showed those on shore which way the dog was headed! "Modern" poodles keep to the original cut .... but waaaaaay overexaggerate it for the show ring. Standards are not the prissy fops some make them out to be. They're strong, friendly and extremely smart. I love me a nice standard poodle!
Exactly! 100% agree. And I think of people met some they wouldn’t want a doodle. Although some of the ones mixed with other retrievers are nice. But not the wild creations they have now.

My beautiful 6 year old Australian Shepherd, and my amazing 8 year old son Son ♥️

Attachments

• IMG_20210819_143306917.jpg
    IMG_20210819_143306917.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom