Question on Safe-Guard vs Aquasol product info

On a side note since this seems to be the first time you are deworming, safeguard/fenbendazole has a warning against using during molt as it can cause feather damage. I somehow missed this warning despite doing quite a bit of research my first time around.... I know a lot of people on here say they've never had issues with it, but one of my girls hasn't had normal tailfeathers since that first ill-timed safeguard deworming, so I thought I'd throw it out there in case it could be an issue for you.

Very useful!!
This thread was in big part out of general curiosity on my part, but I was planning on deworming next week (no sign of it in poop but plenty other problems are going around in this flock so deworming was advised to me, to be safe) and they are all molting, so this is a perfect warning, thank you!

Very useful!!
This thread was in big part out of general curiosity on my part, but I was planning on deworming next week (no sign of it in poop but plenty other problems are going around in this flock so deworming was advised to me, to be safe) and they are all molting, so this is a perfect warning, thank you!
Don't forget, our state lab can walk you through how to swab a chicken's throat to send in a sample to test for a respiratory diseases. I have no idea if that is one of your problems or not. I just wanted to let you know that it is an option.

Also, I have to say that I did have a vet check poop once and the results were negative for worms. There were not only roundworms but there were tapeworms that were pooped out. This happened with a dog and not a chicken.

I'm exhausted. Thanks for all this information. I was exhausted before I started reading this and several other threads. Mystery illness and everyone recommends worming so you go to the store for a product they say sorry, nothing for chickens or hand you enzymes...

What book is this?
https://www.amazon.com/Veterinary-P...15b-45e2-8a98-533eeb1b7bc1&pd_rd_i=0813824192
1668905645868.png

Back
Top Bottom