Can Corid & Safeguard AQUASOL both be mixed in water at same time?

Thank you for this info!
Can you tell me if the Equimax paste is easier to administer orally than a liquid? Is it in fact thicker?
I’m trying to research Endocox and can’t find poultry dosing. I wasn’t sure if I should go by the 1tsp per gallon of water on these exotic bird websites that sell it? Thank you for your time!

Thank you! Do you know if the Equimax paste is easy enough to measure and administer? It sounds daunting trying to weigh my birds and get something down their throats but will probably have to try at night.
Paste is thicker so it's a little easier to administer than liquid.
You don't mention how many birds you have, but if you have groups around the same size, weigh 1 or 2 to get a good estimate of weight for each age group.
That's your target dose for each group.

I buy syringes in bulk, so just preload them with the meds when I'm going to dose. Just draw up the dose into the syringes and have them ready.
Go out early while they are still roosting. Grab a bird, dose them, then set them on the floor. Go to the next.

Yes. The dose for Endocox is on the package. Go by the label instructions.

Here's @dawg53 easy instructions on dosing birds. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-open-beak.1517086/post-25532937

Paste is thicker so it's a little easier to administer than liquid.
You don't mention how many birds you have, but if you have groups around the same size, weigh 1 or 2 to get a good estimate of weight for each age group.
That's your target dose for each group.

I buy syringes in bulk, so just preload them with the meds when I'm going to dose. Just draw up the dose into the syringes and have them ready.
Go out early while they are still roosting. Grab a bird, dose them, then set them on the floor. Go to the next.

Yes. The dose for Endocox is on the package. Go by the label instructions.

Here's @dawg53 easy instructions on dosing birds. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-open-beak.1517086/post-25532937

I have 12 birds. A mixed flock with 3 Silkie hens, 1 Silkie rooster and varying breeds/weights. Hopefully I can’t overdose if I get it close enough? Thanks!

Equimax needs to be given straight to the mouth/beak. Do not mix it with water.

Aquasol is the only dewormer that can be mixed with water but it doesn't treat tapeworms.

Corid is not a dewormer. It can be mixed with water.
Thank you!

I have 12 birds. A mixed flock with 3 Silkie hens, 1 Silkie rooster and varying breeds/weights. Hopefully I can’t overdose if I get it close enough? Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken it takes a large amount to overdose a bird on Safe-guard.
I wouldn't worry too much about giving a little bit extra. I would worry about not giving enough because if you do not give enough it is the same as not deworming them at all.

I would weigh a couple of the larger birds and a couple of the silkies to get a good estimate on how much everyone weighs.

I need to treat my flock for both coccidiosis and tapeworm. My vet was able to do fecal testing but would not recommend treatment as they don’t treat poultry.
I paid to have a poultry vet recommend treatment on JustAnswer.com. I was told to use Corid and Fenbendazole and that they could be used together. She gave me dosage info to orally give to each bird, but I am not comfortable with that. I’m pretty sure I caused the death of one of my first hens getting liquid down the wrong hole😭
I found the Safeguard Aquasol that can be mixed in water (unlike the Safeguard goat dewormer they have at Tractor supply).
Does anyone know if it’s safe for both of these to be mixed in water at same time?? Or anyone have any luck feeding a bird their dosage of Fenbendazole in a small amount of food? Thanks in advance for your help!
Treat the tapes with Equimax:
The dose is ~0.033 ml per pound, or 0.16 ml per five pounds.

Please don't waste your money on Aquasol, it's costly and has a shelf life of six months once opened. If you want to use fenbendazole, use the liquid for goats instead.

To give the paste or liquid orally, this is how I do it:
Safely Administering Oral Medications to All Poultry and Waterfowl

How to Safely Administer Oral Medications to Poultry and Waterfowl Many medications are more effective when given orally instead of in the water, especially when a bird is ill because an ill bird is unlikely to drink enough medicated water. The oral administration of liquid medications in...

Corid in the water dose:​

Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions:

9.6% liquid - Do not dilute
  • Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice daily for 1-3 days.
or
  • 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.

20% powder - Mix 1/2 teaspoon powder with 2 teaspoons water.
  • Give 0.34 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice daily for 1-3 days.
or
  • 0.07 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.

Drug Interactions - None​

Equimax (ivermectin & praziquantel), Safeguard (fenbendazole), and Corid (amprolium) can all be given together.

Treat the tapes with Equimax:
The dose is ~0.033 ml per pound, or 0.16 ml per five pounds.

Please don't waste your money on Aquasol, it's costly and has a shelf life of six months once opened. If you want to use fenbendazole, use the liquid for goats instead.

To give the paste or liquid orally, this is how I do it:

How to Safely Administer Oral Medications to Poultry and Waterfowl Many medications are more effective when given orally instead of in the water, especially when a bird is ill because an ill bird is unlikely to drink enough medicated water. The oral administration of liquid medications in...

Corid in the water dose:​

Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions:

9.6% liquid - Do not dilute
  • Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice daily for 1-3 days.
or
  • 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.

20% powder - Mix 1/2 teaspoon powder with 2 teaspoons water.
  • Give 0.34 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice daily for 1-3 days.
or
  • 0.07 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.

Drug Interactions - None​

Equimax (ivermectin & praziquantel), Safeguard (fenbendazole), and Corid (amprolium) can all be given together.

Thank you all for your help! I am now concerned we might have fowl pox too. I found 2 birds with black looking scabs on comb just today. I did not notice this even yesterday, and I have been checking combs for paleness. My first thought was the two of them got in a squabble, but after googling I’m not so sure. Images attached. Can someone please tell me what you would do in my situation?? The closest vet to me that treats chickens is 2.5 hours away. I have called them as well as 3 other vets asking for confirmation of fowl pox via images and to advise on treatment for all 3 issues, and all will not do so without seeing the animal in person.
If I do Corid or Endocox for coccidiosis and Equimax for tapeworms…..what should I also do for possible fowl pox? I am starting to feel very overwhelmed and don’t want my birds to suffer. Thank you all for your time!🙏🏻

Attachments

• 4BD60C4F-677A-40EC-9F08-DDEF6B62512A.jpeg
    4BD60C4F-677A-40EC-9F08-DDEF6B62512A.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 5
  • FB9D2515-8C51-45A4-93DB-FB770953B541.jpeg
    FB9D2515-8C51-45A4-93DB-FB770953B541.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2CFD229A-169F-4D0F-B491-AC60FC15451E.jpeg
    2CFD229A-169F-4D0F-B491-AC60FC15451E.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 4
Thank you all for your help! I am now concerned we might have fowl pox too. I found 2 birds with black looking scabs on comb just today. I did not notice this even yesterday, and I have been checking combs for paleness. My first thought was the two of them got in a squabble, but after googling I’m not so sure. Images attached. Can someone please tell me what you would do in my situation?? The closest vet to me that treats chickens is 2.5 hours away. I have called them as well as 3 other vets asking for confirmation of fowl pox via images and to advise on treatment for all 3 issues, and all will not do so without seeing the animal in person.
If I do Corid or Endocox for coccidiosis and Equimax for tapeworms…..what should I also do for possible fowl pox? I am starting to feel very overwhelmed and don’t want my birds to suffer. Thank you all for your time!🙏🏻
I do not see fowl pox either.

Back
Top Bottom