Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
hi all. so i finally got a decent camera and was able to take current pic of all my rabbits and i thought i'd show them off.
first my lionhead pair, my girl, Clover.

and My Niece's boy, Farkle.

My lops. i don't know if they are holland or mini, they aren't much bigger than the lionheads.
Here the mother of the other three, Patches.

the largest Buck, Carbon

the smallest buck, Mocha

and the doe Midnight.

then my californian Buck, Buster.

and my three new zealands, Bibbity,

Bobbity,

and Boo.

my honerable mentions who are no longer with us. lil Mamma, Buttercup, Babbity, and Tripod.
Adorable bunnies!

I have a question for everyone here, I have two rabbits that have been living in my daughter's bedroom till I can build them their own place. Unfortunately, they like to nibble on the window frame (wood) while enjoying the view from the sill. They also seem to like nibbling on the curtain, so I'm building them their own place now. My daughter's room is quite dark and cold too, so I want them to have a more comfortable space to enjoy. The new house will have a 44.1 square foot run, does this sound like a big enough exercise area? They are still young, but will grow to be medium sized rabbits.

ETA: I did a quick redesign and it will be 64.6 square feet.

Last edited:
My doe had 11 or 12 or so kits today.

The mom.

The dad.

Definitely enough space. Is it going to be outside or inside?

It's outside. I can take a pic tomorrow, but I've put a cat carrier, a box with a small hole and filled with hay, a low wooden coffee table, and a large tree stump for now. I'll be getting a wooden play house (3.3x5 feet) soon that my dad built for my toddler. I'll put that in there and set it up for them to sleep in at night, but for now they're still sleeping indoors. I put them out in the enclosure during the day while I'm home to supervise, which is basically all day every day.

Good luck! Post some pics if you can, would love to see how it looks.

Sorry for the delay, had a crazy weekend. I finally got the pics though.

And the bunnies having a nap in the carrier.

ETA: I must add, they are only in here during the day for now, I am aware it's not very predator proof. I am home all day and we don't have any serious predators so close to the house during the day. My cat also has taken to sleeping on their log all day so that keeps hawks and stuff out too. Until I can secure it properly they are sleeping indoors. I will be getting a 3.3x5' wooden playhouse soon and I'll put hardware cloth over the window, vinyl on the floor, with their food, water, litter box and bed inside and close them in there at night.

There is also a wire mesh apron buried around the edge so the can dig out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom