Random Pictures, Chickens, Ducks etc...more pic's page 4

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
decided to post some pic's from today - I don't take pictures often enough.

My Broody - she's only got a few more days to go - she has 4 Guinea eggs.

SANY0486.jpg

Other Mommy - with her little mixed baby (mom Leghorn, dad Mille Fleur d'Uccle)

SANY0480.jpg

SANY0469.jpg

Speckled sussex running away

SANY0465.jpg

Ducklings:
SANY0462.jpg

SANY0458.jpg

SANY0455.jpg

SANY0454.jpg

APPLES:
SANY0456.jpg

SANY0457.jpg

My Araucana's

SANY0446.jpg

The big fat nest box I made today out of Siding that came off the house.

SANY0445.jpg

Last edited:
I could make sooooo much crock pot apple butter with those apples!!!!! That baby is sooooo cute and dang those ducks have grown!!! Wow!! They weren't little for long were they!! Nice looking flock ya got there Wild!!!
smile.png

We've lost ALOT of apples to wind and hail, I collected up a bunch yesterday and decided to cut them open before feeding to the horse and goat - 50% had nasty brown stuff inside - from a bug of some kind - I only hope that only happened cause they were on the ground already.

Those ducks sure did grow fast, they're bigger than the bantams already - funny to watch them running! They're super cute and friendly and SMILE all the time
lol.png

Oh gosh, those pics were really nice! Those ducks are sweet, and all your other photos just made me feel good seeing them, thanks for showing them. Mmmm apple pie.
smile.png

You don't have one of those apple tree mystery things going on, like a certain pear tree might have?
tongue.png

Quote:
gig.gif
Nothing weird going on here - the plums are taking an aweful long time - but thats about it - the apples are lovely - one of the branches in the tree broke at the end of winter sometime, and surprisingly its still heavy with apples on that branch - its hanging by a thin little bit and still managed to produce. We will probably have to cut that branch off or the snow will take care of it this winter.

Quote:
That's too funny. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the pic of the apples. Hope they don't disappear in the night like my pears.

Great pics - I love seeing mama hens with their babies. I'm hoping to have that someday. Pretty white duck in the close up pic and I love the blue Araucana with its tufts.

Back
Top Bottom