Rare! Chocolate Orpington Duck

Harmony's black runner "sister" Charlotte was very confused in why there was a camera
1f604.png

Cute! Is she a crested? I don't remember if you said if she was before; I may have a bad memory  ... :oops:  

Yup. I hope that when she is older that my older drakes don't hurt her... I tried to pen up my older pekin female from the boys but she was lonely and kept escaping, next year she'll have some girlfriends to have in the pen so they'll be penned up together. I may put a drake in so I can see if I can get some ducklings. I plan on pairing Harmony up with a Rouen drake, Gibby, but we'll have to see

Sounds like a recessive gene showing up.
But full grown should point to whether or not shes pure buff duck once you know her conformation, size and body type

Sounds like a recessive gene showing up. 
But full grown should point to whether or not shes pure buff duck once you know her conformation, size and body type

Well, she is a chocolate Orpington duck, only the buff colored ducks are called buff orpingtons. But she is pure, I've gotten her from a breeder. Anyways, your right, I'll have to wait to see! She is one odd looking duck, today I was comparing her eye types, head shape, and neck length to my magpie duckling that's the same age and they are way different. :)

I'm supposed to be picking up 3 hens and a drake tonight but I still don't think ducklings would be safe. My cat is a SERIOUS hunter.

My Mum trained her cat to let the budgie ride on it's back and she thought they were friends .. big mistake. Sorry budgie.
Well do what you think is best, you know your cat better than anyone else.

Oh wow, I can tell for certain she is not a color I have ever seen before! 

Your right, at first glance she looks like a khaki, but her color is much "warmer" than a khaki, her bill is lighter, her feet are a different color and her eyes are light brown. I'm glad she's growing up, I'm waiting to see her colors!

Your right, at first glance she looks like a khaki, but her color is much "warmer" than a khaki, her bill is lighter, her feet are a different color and her eyes are light brown. I'm glad she's growing up, I'm waiting to see her colors!

Have any of her feathers started coming in yet?

Back
Top Bottom