Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Research colors better. You're way off base. Genetics in general are simple. Each offspring gets one chromosome copy from each parent. Your philosophy is bogus.

So if you are all knowing, then tell me what the result would be from a Bantam Red Laced Cornish Rooster to a White Leghorn or RIR hen, and I will note that my Leghorns are about the size of the Bantam Cornish

A mutt that doesn't lay as good as a leg horn nor has as much meat as a Cornish bantam.

Anytime leg horn and meat is mentioned in the same sentence the only thing that would rival them for a poor choice would be a silkie.

The rir Cornish cross would yield a bird that laid eggs and tasted like chicken.

Seriously though, I don't know what you are asking... because the simple answer is your going to get a mutt. The first generation should be pretty uniform and predictable but if you were to breed the f1 back together by the f2 generation you'd be getting everything from piss ants to elephants

And... there Is no such thing as a red laced cornish. I hate that title. It's bogus... they are called something laced red... like white laced red. Blue laced red. Black laced red. Etc

So if you are all knowing, then tell me what the result would be from a Bantam Red Laced Cornish Rooster to a White Leghorn or RIR hen, and I will note that my Leghorns are about the size of the Bantam Cornish

I've had bantam cornisb.. very good bantam cornish... I've never seen a leg horn as small as them. Isn't much out there as small as a bantam cornisb

So if you are all knowing, then tell me what the result would be from a Bantam Red Laced Cornish Rooster to a White Leghorn or RIR hen, and I will note that my Leghorns are about the size of the Bantam Cornish
I am assuming you mean white laced red? If so you will most likely get whites with red (almost lacing) leakage from the leghorns and the same with the rirs however you may have a darker red and more pronounced red from the rirs. The white in leghorns is dominant, dominant white is good for not showing black but red shows up through it. Hite laced red is also dominant white however it has other genes to make the red lacing its offspring would only receive half of the genes needed to make real lacing but you can breed his daughters back to him and get some with better lacing if that's what you want.

A mutt that doesn't lay as good as a leg horn nor has as much meat as a Cornish bantam.

Anytime leg horn and meat is mentioned in the same sentence the only thing that would rival them for a poor choice would be a silkie.

The rir Cornish cross would yield a bird that laid eggs and tasted like chicken.

Seriously though, I don't know what you are asking... because the simple answer is your going to get a mutt. The first generation should be pretty uniform and predictable but if you were to breed the f1 back together by the f2 generation you'd be getting everything from piss ants to elephants
Btw my silkies lay better than any of my other breeds when they aren't broody in fact this time of year they are the only ones laying.

Also you are coming off as extremely rude and unprofessional. Be nice to someone who you beleive knows less than you its unattractive.

my hatchery based silkies were pathetic layers. Only reason they remained was to be an incubator.

good thing I'm married-- I don't have to worry about being attractive anymore.

my hatchery based silkies were pathetic layers.  Only reason they remained was to be an incubator.  

good thing I'm married-- I don't have to worry about being attractive anymore.  
Lol I know what you mean about the hatchery based ones I have one that is nearly a year old and hasn't even begun laying (as far as I can tell anyway)

Now that is a post with some info worth reading. Thank you

I'm not concerned with coloring at all. What I am interested in is a rooster for my hens to produce a couple pens of meat birds a year, maybe 30 total. I had read that if a bantam breeds a large fowl that the offspring will be the size of their mother, so I figured a bantam Cornish could maybe throw the Cornish genes in for a rooster half the size to handle and maintain, plus I hear the LF hens like the bantam roosters much better because they don't beat them up, and a bantam would fit my hutch better than a LF rooster, and my wife and dog have been scared of my LF roosters in the past so I am hoping to find something that will work for them other than leaving the rooster pined up.

Back
Top Bottom