Red Ranger Chickens

And 1 week on and I process my 4 largest cockerels as there movement wasn't good and I couldn't look at them any longer struggling to walk about.
they all made between 2.5 & 2.8kg dressed, not bad for 11 weeks.

I have kept 2 of the lighter weight cockerels to grow on a bit as there movement is much better, hoping to make a Christmas birds from them.
And obviously keeping the hens for my breeding program
1f44d.png

Rooster and hens were all Red Rangers. The chicks have feathers on their legs like Marans. They were hatched on the 7 and 8 of Sep and already have a bunch of feathers.

Last edited:
I have one freedom range left of 5 birds from towline hatchery via the amish. They were huge and now I have one left and she's and adult. I wanna say she's over 15lbs. I will weigh her soon, but she won't be eaten. I wanna see her egg production. Im gonna raise 50 next spring. Awesome birds. Very peaceful. A little wobbly, but thats ok.

The red ones are my Red Ranger Cross Red Ranger. They are 9 weeks and almost as big as my standard hens.
I dont see a difference in them compared to the parents which were purchased from a hatchery. I was told that crossing the 4 way crosses would not result in anything close to what the parents were. I think it was just the hatchery's way of maintaining clients.

10 weeks now. I think I will start weighing them to see how fast they are growing. I think their growth rate is a bit slower than their parents who were straight Red Rangers.

Back
Top Bottom