Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
So, it never went above 79. I turned the wafer and it didn't do anything. I'mm sure its not working and the temperature went up because of the light bulb. Tomorrow will put new wafer in, and see how it goes. It has a lot of wires cobbed together, I'm thinking I'll have to rewire it anyhow. Good thing I'm not in a rush..

Found this for sale a few hours from me. Looks like the plate says 94LZ-3656A. Six trays, seller says the rod that controls the temp broke free but it's otherwise functional. Any idea what one of these is worth, aside from nostalgic value? I googled the model number but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

So, it never went abobe 79. I turned the wafer and it didn't do anything. I'mm sure its not working and the temperature went up because of the light bulb. Tomorrow will put new wafer in, and see how it goes. It has a lot of wires cobbed together, I'm thinking I'll have to rewire it anyhow. Good thing I'm not in a rush..

Mine is identical to yours, except the heating element is still through the original guides, and the overheat "sender" is still there. I did have to replace the fan motor, heating element, wafer and indicator light on the front. I was able to find all the parts online. Except im not thrilled with the new wafer. The original one is a male end, and they appear to only make them female now??? So its not quite right. I put the new heating element throughout the old guides (same way I bought it). It is still finicky though, seems more susceptible to temp swings then it should be. Mines in my heated tack room, heated being a relative term. I keep it about 50f in there.

Found this for sale a few hours from me. Looks like the plate says 94LZ-3656A. Six trays, seller says the rod that controls the temp broke free but it's otherwise functional. Any idea what one of these is worth, aside from nostalgic value? I googled the model number but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks
Depending on condition $200-$500

Quote: The heat elements barely put out any heat. OK SO here is a little trick I do "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" !!!! I turn the unit off put a stick in the fan to keep it from turning. then turn the unit on. Adjust the wafer on and off. NOW you should be able to feel the heat. They do not put out a lot of heat.

The heat elements barely put out any heat. OK SO here is a little trick I do "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" !!!!   I turn the unit off put a stick in the fan to keep it from turning. then turn the unit on. Adjust the wafer on and off. NOW you should be able to feel the heat. They do not put out a lot of heat.

Okay now, that is strange. Mine was glowing red (fan on) when I first replaced it and I was terrified the darn thing was going to catch on fire....

Quote: Well All of these I have dealt with none have ever had the heat element get red when the fan is running. When you stop the fan from turning. After a minute or so they will just barely start to glow. Keep in mind that IMO if the heat warms too fast it may cause problems with eggs because it will be more like spikes than a nice smooth wave.

Well I am not quite sure where you are saying the "rod" broke free.
not sure, I haven't had a chance to go look at it in person yet. The seller just told me that it had "broke free". It's a few hours away so I'm trying get an idea if I'll be looking at much additional cost to get it operational before I make the investment of time and gas money to look at it. Thanks again
Edit: got some clarification, the rod needs to be "broke free" lol. Now I'm worried someone will snap it up before I can get a chance to get to it :/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom