Restless leg syndrome anyone?

If it is anything like the phantom bug in my ear (he's lived there happily for years), then I can sympathize, not totally relate, but sympathize. This bug, i've named him Louie, dances every evening while i am trying to fall asleep, he is not scared of Q-tips or alcohol.

Quote:
Linda, perfect description! I've done the same, banging my leg hard to "startle" the impulses. Or at least disrupt them for a bit.

I had it bad for 6 months and then one day it just went away. The only thing I did was take a benadryl at night so I could get some sleep.

I have it too, drives me crazy. I've been known to get into a cold shower and scrub my legs until they bleed. Awful condition. I find the soap under the sheets helps a bit too though.

Mine hits when I am really tired. It starts in my lower back and goes all the way down the back of my legs. It is the most indescribable feeling. I can't sit still, I can't lay still, i just have to keep my legs moving. It's like electric bleeps throughout my legs, the muscles get tense and ache. I have found that when it starts i reach for my xanex and that helps me relax a bit. Just thinking about it makes me anxious. I have seen more severe cases of it and I feel so bad for those who really suffer bad with it. It would drive me crazy.

I have nothing like the youtube video, I can control my legs, but they just ache.

Quote:
My hubby suffers from this. It is horrible because it keeps him getting the real rest he needs. Sometimes before bedtime or after he gets in bed, he has to rub his legs vigourously.

When he sits down, falls asleep, the twitching returns.

It affect his left side the most in bed, twitch every darn 20 to 25 seconds and it drove me up the wall! He will NOT eat any fruit or veggie or meat of any kind. Peanut butter and most starches is what he eats. It usually lasts from a few hours to all night. He does not have seizures in the day or night (the grand mal kind). His father did have seizures until he was operated on for by passes and haven't had one since then. I am not aware of any genetics in his family except his father of possibly seizures (probably only occurred when there was a problem).

When it bothers him alot, he would hit them with his fists so hard to get them to stop. It gets really bad when he has alot of stress or physical labor at work. It is awful for him but our insurance won't pay for the sleep tests. Blood tests came out just fine.

I've had this for years, esp when pregnant.

A few natural things to try if you haven't already.

Check iron levels, low levels can trigger this.
Check Mag. levels, another trigger.

Don't drink caffinee before bed, sometimes a trigger but not always.

Take a bath with epsom salts and baking soda. About 2 cups of each before bed.

Avoid anything that depletes iron levels and too much calcium can cause a Mg imbalance./deficiency

Hope this helps you some.

Hubby is able to donate blood for the Red Cross but I rmember at least four times they pulled him out for the month because of his low iron, just under one number less. He usually on the low on the iron scale, many times one or two on the money while others on the low side, two to three numbers above the minimal number you can safely donate. He said peanut butter will give him all the iron he can get.

Sorry won't take vitamins either unless he is absolutely sure he has some kind of definency going on. All of his blood tests came back, all normal.

Wow, there's quite a few of us sufferers
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Linda you described it perfectly even though it's hard to describe and so incredibly annoying. I end up just getting up and walking at all hours of the night. Doesn't make for a great nights sleep. The coyotes were at it lastnight so I had to get up anyway. That sent chills up and down the ol'spine
hide.gif
But even just watching tv or driving the car it hits. And it's starting to show up in my arms and hands. I will try to vitamins/mineral route even though I take a mutiple every night
hmm.png

Thanks for all the responses. No one understands the frstration of it unless you experience it.

Quote:
Linda, perfect description! I've done the same, banging my leg hard to "startle" the impulses. Or at least disrupt them for a bit.

I had it bad for 6 months and then one day it just went away. The only thing I did was take a benadryl at night so I could get some sleep.

PERFECT description! I have suffered with RLS for years. Requip (ropinirole) is the only medication I take. I would get absolutely no sleep without it. I have it in my arms, too. That started about 5 years ago. It is very annoying, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom