Rhode Island Red Thread!

Ginger Roxie Sofia and Lilly started with all but ginger lost Sofia and Lilly to a dog then got Ginger from the same farm this pic was taken when we added Ginger now they would rather sit in the roost then be out side in the sunshine I'm wondering if this is why they have not laid yet they are almost 30 weeks old now

Last edited:
I do have some Single Comb pure heritage Rhode Island Red (Reese/Mohawk line) eggs available. If interested, please send me a PM. I'm filling my incubator today.

Last edited:
I need help!! Ok so I have RIR and they lay egged now but the problem is, is that i find them broken in the nest box, we put hay in them but the chickens just move it out is there any cheap stuff that y'all know of that can cushion the box?.............Thank u

I need help!! Ok so I have RIR and they lay egged now but the problem is, is that i find them broken in the nest box, we put hay in them but the chickens just move it out is there any cheap stuff that y'all know of that can cushion the box?.............Thank u
i use shavings like my avatar photo i tried straw they pulled it out my eggs are beautiful on the shavings

For anyone who is interested, I do have some pure heritage Single Comb and Rose Comb Rhode Island Red hatching eggs available. http://www.hilltop-farm.info/store

My chicks are due to hatch next week. I candled some and they are developing. I can't guarantee show quality but the potential is there.

Do all RIR have combs? Pictures is a 6 week "pullet".

I have two RIR that are 7 weeks old and when I let them free range with my other 8 birds one RIR jumps into my arms. She is so sweet not making me chase her down.

Back
Top Bottom