Rhode Island White Thread

Pics

I finally put my pics on the computer and decided to go ahead and post it from a week ago. I left Kansas with 54 a week ago and still holding at an even 50.

FIY Those you see in the box that have the gray shadow are supposed to be carrying the silver gene so I am told. I 4 hole punched all of them so I could see if it was true or not. Supposedly they will look whiter than the others. Time will tell.

Is this a Rhode Island White? If not, any idea on the breed?

Is this a Rhode Island White? If not, any idea on the breed?
First
welcome-byc.gif
It Could be a Single Comb Rhode Island White.
This is a SC RIW from this years hatch

These are mixed Rose Comb and Single Comb RIW's from the same hatch

Males

White Leghorn 2 years old

2 and 3 year old RC RIW"s

Thanks. I guess I'll wait and see on egg color and size. That should help solve the mystery. We bought her at a farm, and I forgot what he told me. I've emailed, but no response yet.

That is true.
hide.gif
Wasn't paying attention to the legs but years ago I had a RC RIW that had kind of grayish legs and a judge made a comment on the coop tag about the leg color.

Leg color is important. I have complained to my feed company that they do not have the right mix in their feed because leg color comes out way to light almost a silver or white. Got my first DQ last year by a judge for leg color. So this year I did an experiment. I have put out about 2-4 pounds of corn for the chicks to eat every day as they scratch around. Guess what...leg corn is yellow. Humm feed company what does that tell you about your feed?

Cmom any pics of the chicks you hatched from my line? How do they compare to the ones of your line?

Quote: Hi Rob, I just moved them into a coop and pen where the older birds are, in with some RIR chicks that are about 3 weeks older. So far not any real differences but they have some growing to do yet. I am running out of space but my hubby said no more coops. I will try to get some pictures. I pulled a muscle in my back when I was moving chicks to the outer coops and pens. I guess I try to do the same work as I did 30 or more years ago and it just isn't working out that way. My hubby can't really help me as he has Parkinson's.

Back
Top Bottom