Ribh's D'Coopage

This little girl is getting close to POL, judging by the redness of her comb, so when she began agitating @ the door this morning, I let her in. I thought, like China, she considered the house her coop & might be looking for somewhere to lay. Nope. She just wanted in.​
20240428_161645.jpg

Why?
Who knows. She strutted round looking @ everything. Even Tootsie knows the cats don't touch the chickens but she scolds the dogs, who are bum sniffers. None of the chickens appreciate that. I got a running commentary the whole time, then the head cock that means, I want up. I gave her her cuddle & put her back out the door. She began screeching immediately. The tribe had moved on & she wasn't sure where they were. She headed off towards the orchard, which was the logical choice, only as it's wet [again!] the girls had abandoned it for a drier spot. She tried the laundry, also abandoned. Uncertain, she looked towards the house. As soon as I stepped outside she shot towards me to tell me how those big meanies had gone off & left her all alone! I scooped her up & walked her up to the trailer, which is a dry, dusty, go to spot for both very hot & very wet weather. Everyone was there. Everyone immediately came out, whether because they thought I had treats or to greet their missing sister is arguable.
She is such a funny, quirky little personality! Anyway, all is now well in her world.

This little girl is getting close to POL, judging by the redness of her comb, so when she began agitating @ the door this morning, I let her in. I thought, like China, she considered the house her coop & might be looking for somewhere to lay. Nope. She just wanted in.​
View attachment 3819229
Why?
Who knows. She strutted round looking @ everything. Even Tootsie knows the cats don't touch the chickens but she scolds the dogs, who are bum sniffers. None of the chickens appreciate that. I got a running commentary the whole time, then the head cock that means, I want up. I gave her her cuddle & put her back out the door. She began screeching immediately. The tribe had moved on & she wasn't sure where they were. She headed off towards the orchard, which was the logical choice, only as it's wet [again!] the girls had abandoned it for a drier spot. She tried the laundry, also abandoned. Uncertain, she looked towards the house. As soon as I stepped outside she shot towards me to tell me how those big meanies had gone off & left her all alone! I scooped her up & walked her up to the trailer, which is a dry, dusty, go to spot for both very hot & very wet weather. Everyone was there. Everyone immediately came out, whether because they thought I had treats or to greet their missing sister is arguable.
She is such a funny, quirky little personality! Anyway, all is now well in her world.

Such a special girl. 💖

:confused:4 cats in the house. That really would give me the creeps Ribh.
No, only 3. The boys, Marlow & Kirby, are bonded Ragdoll Xs. I've had them about 13 years. Ash is actually my son's cat, who may or may not, have permanent residency. She's only about 2 & the most aggressive/dominant of the 3 despite being a newcomer. We think she has some Russian Blue in her but she is a serious lap~cat. 🐱

Back
Top Bottom