Ringneck Pheasant info page *warning lots of PICS*

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=458&q=150811

Just
curious, they are beautiful birds. Many years ago they stopped hunting them in our district because the population was low. Several people raised them and released them who live here. They just started allowing hunting them in the last couple years. We love pheasant spaghetti.
hide.gif

clap.gif
Yay!!! Thank you!!! I was just starting my research on them, because I know they're going to start breeding soon... right?
wink.png

Right now in Southern MN the roosters are so colorful!!! They are still in groups but they are starting to split up. Within a couple weeks I will see one rooster with a group of hens. I don't see much fighting, they tend to do that in the CRP/CREP land. (High native grass lands set aside.

Eli,

Thanks, you bring back a lot of memories for me.

Wish I could raise pheasants... and let them loose, but they wouldn't make it here in Phoenix.

Your birds are breathtakingly beautiful.

Awesome Info. I have a 1 yr old pair. The hen just started laying in april. I finally hatched my first baby last night. Somehow my incubator had gotton off caliber and I got that fixed..One thing I read also is that my incubator has a fan and it's better to not have one. I hope i get at least a couple hens out of them this yr and a couple roosters for the oven would be nice too.

Back
Top Bottom