Roaming Dogs Caught on Game Camera Several Times

Pics
not a creature was stirring
ya.gif

Updating the thread. Not one sign of the dogs, or any dogs, at all. Maybe the dogs were with someone who was visiting the area, not sure, but after that day that DH terrorized them, they never returned. Guess he's pretty scary, LOL.

It is also possible DH did get one or both of them. They may have escaped the scene of the crime only to have succumbed elsewhere. But good to hear.......

A: no more dog attacks, and

B: No range war has ensued because of it.

It is also possible DH did get one or both of them. They may have escaped the scene of the crime only to have succumbed elsewhere. But good to hear.......

A: no more dog attacks, and

B: No range war has ensued because of it.

He only shot at one of them and it yelped, but got out of the fence so darn fast, wasn't sure where it was hit or how badly, and I looked for a blood trail, but with birdshot like that, not sure there would have been one I could see. He could have just been stung pretty good. The other one, husband simply chased around holding the shotgun and it was so desperate, you could see the terror in the way it was moving and the speed it ran when it got back over the fence, could have been a greyhound on the track, LOL.

Agreed, no range war! Not looking to start one, of course, but it's always a possibility in these situations.

After accidentally washing the SD card in my sweatpants (yeah, it's been that kind of day), I let it dry out and it works! The bad thing is what I saw on there. Not sure if this is the same brindle dog or not, but the tail is held up the same way. Pic is not good enough to see to identify though it seems to have longer hair than the boxer mix we had hanging around back in October. . Click to make it larger to see the tail on this dog. This was Jan. 28. The only other animal on there was a possum.

Last edited:
Well, over a year later and here we go again, same situation, two different strange dogs.
I spent awhile terrorizing two dogs that got into my perimeter fence and were at the barn pen, using my grown son's wooden t'ball bat. After I ran them around and around (one got out fast, the other was a bit confused for awhile). Then, I checked the game camera at the back fence, which points toward the pasture lot. Apparently, they've been here before today and were in the pasture today as well, before they got into the perimeter.

Thankfully, I was alerted by my rooster, Hector, when he made a very odd loud sound I'd never heard from him in the past. Got up from my computer, went out onto the deck, and they were running toward the fence where Hector and his hens were. He stood his ground and tracked him, but they beat feet when a mad crazy woman ran after them with a bat in her hand. One climbed the livestock fencing to get out at the bottom corner, but the other one was confused and I chased him around for awhile, then lost sight of him. When my husband got home, we walked the perimeter and found that the pit mix had literally climbed the 6' fence by the driveway to get out, bending it over and breaking the welds at the top section. Geez. What can you do when a dog climbs a tall fence except be ready to drop it? I'm over it. I do all I can and they still manage to get in and go after my birds. Thank GOD that Hector and his hens were not free ranging at the time as they usually would be or I'd have lost at least my rooster, if not a hen or two.
I see I need to change the time stamp again, good grief. It was an hour earlier than it says here. This first photo was on Feb 11, not today, same brindle dog.
DSCF0080.JPG
DSCF0104.JPG
DSCF0105.JPG
DSCF0106.JPG

Unfortunately the only real fix is to drop them. I have tried everything I can to get these big vicious dogs to stay away. This is just another poor pet owner and you have to pay the cost of their lack of caring. And when in packs of 3 or more, it gets worse, they come in and bust into the caged roosters and breeding pens to kill the birds in them. At least they have not bothered whats free ranging,,,,
Before you off one, check your local laws, I am in a farming state. Here we have the right to protect our live stock.

Unfortunately the only real fix is to drop them. I have tried everything I can to get these big vicious dogs to stay away. This is just another poor pet owner and you have to pay the cost of their lack of caring. And when in packs of 3 or more, it gets worse, they come in and bust into the caged roosters and breeding pens to kill the birds in them. At least they have not bothered whats free ranging,,,,
Before you off one, check your local laws, I am in a farming state. Here we have the right to protect our live stock.

You are right. I did a second follow-up video after this happened. The first one was back in 2016 when the other two dogs were giving us a problem. Of course, I still don't know who they belonged to or who these belong to, if they aren't just dumpees.

My laws back me up. Georgia dog laws and the county laws allow me to "prevent injury" to my livestock and poultry. Prevention means I don't have to let them get to the birds to drop them.

My videos, parts 1 & 2, from my YouTube channel.

Back
Top Bottom