Roos or hens

Redwolf141

Chirping
Feb 15, 2016
Johnstown Pa

One SLW and one speckled sussex they are suppose to be hens but i wonder, both are 7 weeks old. The SLW is stella and my gitlfriends fav so really hoping for a,hen. The SS is daisy. They dont carry themselves like roos but i will leave that to the experts.

No worries! I totally understand. I can be the same way when I know Im right. I learned so much from you guys tonight and really appreciate it. And one more thing; is it true I can easily sext Dom's and Brahmas as 2 week olds?

Not quite that young, but Barred birds and certain color patterns seen in Brahmas can be sexed as young as 4
weeks. In purebred Barred fowl such as Doms or BRs, cockerels will develop a lot more white than pullets, at a much younger age. Their white bars will be more frequent and wider, and the grey will be lighter than in pullets. As for Brahmas, the Dark ones could be sexed quite early based on color pattern; they are basically just Patridge base with Silver added, and so cockerels will develop black breasts and an overall darker color while females should develop a light silver or brown-tinted breast and clearly patterned feathers. This applies to any breed, not just Brahmas, when the Partridge, Wheaten, or Duckwing patterns are present - in all these colors males will develop a black breast and females a white, salmon, or otherwise light colored breast.

Back
Top Bottom