Rooster Allergic rxn? stridor

Here are the videos. first vid is 2 hrs after initial event and benadryl. whatever that event was, I don’t know. :
respiratory wheeze, 2 hrs post event

Today Husky crow, low rumble and wheeze afterward which sounds like a whoopie cushion— not well heard on audio but turn vol up.

He’s back outside now, doing ok. He was nonstop crowing and trying to beat the crate to get out.
@Wyorp Rock
He is beautiful! Poor baby! I was expecting him to sound a lot worse so I think you're doing good mama! I wish The Colonal my roo was this chill..

He is beautiful! Poor baby! I was expecting him to sound a lot worse so I think you're doing good mama! I wish The Colonal my roo was this chill..
It was much much worse when it first happened. He was close to death..very panicked then quiet.
He’s my sweetheart and quite tame but no lap chicken.
But with this illness he is appreciative of the TLC- he knows he needs it and I believe he understands exactly why I’m coddling him.

Thank you so much for reply!! I’m watching the flock very closely- no resp illness so far. I have far too many migrating birds - so keeping the flock in covered run.
Spatch-I’ll try to upload video before noon today. he is so much better. Wheeze can be heard at the end of his crow. video later- at work now. I dosed tylan 50 0.5ml/ lb twice daily based on what I read from another post on dosing at 4x, 3x, 2x daily. Do you feel I should cut the dose and increase frequency at this point - today is day 3 of abx. Spatch is 6-7 lbs-I give 3ml 2x daily in sml amt wet food.
Glad he's doing better.

Well, the dosing doesn't quite work like that.

Tylan has a dosage range of 10-40mg/kg given orally 2-3 times a day for 5 days in a row.
So max dose would be 0.36ml per pound of weight given orally 2-3 times a day for 5 days.

Well, the dosing doesn't quite work like that.

Tylan has a dosage range of 10-40mg/kg given orally 2-3 times a day for 5 days in a row.
So max dose would be 0.36ml per pound of weight given orally 2-3 times a day for 5 days.
It’s been a while since I’ve done metric conversion and dose calc but I think I’m in the safe range, but if you have the time can you please check my math in pic. I just want to make sure we’re in the same line of thinking for safe range.
Initially I estimated Spatch at 6lbs to ensure I didn’t OD and fry his kidneys but he is likely 7-8 (At 8 lbs I would be underdosing by 10mg).

He is doing much better, indeed- thx. I appreciate your help very much! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3558.jpeg
    IMG_3558.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom