Rooster Chat

Pics
NO%20CROW.jpeg
Anyone have experience with a rooster collar to help with crowing. I live in city limits and no roosters allowed but maybe with this?
Did you use it and does it work?

Stumpy has started to crow! He hasn't got it yet. His voice is much like a teenage boy, it breaks during his attemp. So my youngster is growing up and I hope his girls will start squatting soon.

Stumpy has started to crow! He hasn't got it yet. His voice is much like a teenage boy, it breaks during his attemp. So my youngster is growing up and I hope his girls will start squatting soon.

What kind of chicken is the black one? I have one that looks a lot like it, but I'm not sure what kind it is.

Gosh it's been a long while..

I have a problem. I love roosters. I am sure my neighbors do not, however the po po has not been here once...(neighbors are indoor people? and can't hear through closed windows either)

I was hoping to skate by with one....no compaints...then I had two....hmmm, no complaints (they can't tell the difference like I can lol) Now I have way to many...and I love them best... they are beautiful, perform their jobs but started making a heck of a racket in the am when the newbies are trying their stuff and the good old boys are doing their dueling crows.

I think I can keep the bantam cross, he crows alot but it is squeaky and not loud. I want to keep the Breda, cuz I just love his mellow ways.

And I Must keep my Ameraucana, because HE is the crux of the breeding plan i have going forward (and he follows me around the yard, he is so well behaved and kinda likes me, lol)

everybody else has to go for soup. or roasters, they re still young.

But I wish I could keep them all!

I have a 6 month old polish cockerel, he is very rough with the hens and almost constantly after them. Is this something that will ease off as he gets older or can I expect him to always be very rough with them?
my polish, that I just sold. was a bit rough... I put it down to inexperience. at 6 months he has absolutely no idear...and they don't see so great. This guy was not rough, but the girls didn't respond to his dance... so he did the sneak attack and they got used to that. ;) give the guy another 6 to 12 months til his hormones and behaviour get under control.
Like a 14 year old boy....not so suave...but I wouldn't let the hens get hurt either...

Back
Top Bottom