Rooster Chat

Pics
Lol our guy can get that way to when I first let him out of the coop in the morning. His attentions are not appreciated but he thinks he is a stud lol. I've snatched him up a few times and made him sit in my lap in the mornings and that seemed to calm him down.
smile.png

My Errol Flynn IS a stud but his attentions have grown thin to the ladys
wink.png
He hates time out! He doesn't like anything slowing down....the stinker....

Ooof! He forgot his pants! LOL check out those legs though. I've never seen a Silkie in shorts. I like it! He's got beautiful legs and he's showing them off.
wink.png
Hey! Your supposed to ignore that fact! bah hahaahha So he's not best in class but he's still handsome
cool.png
ugh, it was a hot summer he decided kamando worked best? too funny...

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offered advice. I went back in there last night and immediately picked him up and carried him around for a bit. Then out him away while I handled the girls lol where could see me. He was very watchful but pretending to ignore me lol. After I let him back in the coop I walked towards him a few times until he backed up and ran off. After that he retreated to his roosting bar to sulk lmao. :p

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offered advice. I went back in there last night and immediately picked him up and carried him around for a bit. Then out him away while I handled the girls lol where could see me. He was very watchful but pretending to ignore me lol. After I let him back in the coop I walked towards him a few times until he backed up and ran off. After that he retreated to his roosting bar to sulk lmao. :p

Good! Now just gotta make it routine and expect the unexpected.

For example...

Just this morning I went into the coop/run to check on everyone before letting them out to go crazy around the property and I wore a pair of loose legged yoga pants. Don't think my rooster has seen these before and he HATES moving fabric (If i am ****** at him, I shake out a sheet or something outside and he RUNS). Suddenly I had a flapping, kicking, biting death machine on my pant legs! I had to put down what I was holding, orient myself so I could pick him up without getting wholloped, and calmly interrupt his murderous rampage against my pants.

Roosters! They keep you on your toes!

I walked out of there with my pants rolled up and he could care less what I was doing.

Moral of the story? Know your roosters triggers! Or maybe not wear yoga pants so much... LOL

For example...

Just this morning I went into the coop/run to check on everyone before letting them out to go crazy around the property and I wore a pair of loose legged yoga pants. Don't think my rooster has seen these before and he HATES moving fabric (If i am ****** at him, I shake out a sheet or something outside and he RUNS). Suddenly I had a flapping, kicking, biting death machine on my pant legs! I had to put down what I was holding, orient myself so I could pick him up without getting wholloped, and calmly interrupt his murderous rampage against my pants.

I walked out of there with my pants rolled up and he could care less what I was doing.

Moral of the story? Know your roosters triggers! Or maybe not wear yoga pants so much... LOL

Lmao. That is so funny. My guys hates bright shoes although since he is polish it may be all he can see lol

Amelia Egghart, that is so freakin' funny! Quite the visual.

Today's motto is expect the expected....I caught 2 of the RIR roo's that are in with the pullets mount them. I don't know how bothersome they are to them. I will have to monitor the "situation" this weekend. I'll tell you, if I didn't have to work for a living I would get a lot done! Hopefully their antics aren't preventing the pullets to come off their roosts to eat. I did see the silkies walking around this morning but don't know about the others. I especially have to watch Molly Sunshine. She is very timid. And to think that one of these roo's, I used to place near Molly, when the other roo's where in there. Hey, I thought he was an odd looking female! They were friend's so I thought I would put them together and say, stay with your friend. Wasn't that convenient, in hindsight! I will look into purchasing another coop today. At least get an idea of what I want and the cost. I won't even ask hubby to build a third(!) coop. I think this time I will purchase a small coop with the run below it. The only thing I don't think I like about that style is the inside dimensions seem modest. It doesn't look as though their food can be placed inside. Or me for that matter! There must be trap doors to add shavings etc. I don't know, I have to look at them. The upside to this is I know these roo's know they can trust me. The other roo's would pounce on them vigorously. I would always have to "save" them. I recall one of them scooching up to me like a cat or dog does and roosted real close to my thigh. I just brought it in closer and held it. Have to look at the positives! Not that it's the worst thing that could happen, it's just one more thing to deal with....because I need that one more thing! I need to get off this game of life for a second ehhehehehe

For example...

Isn't that the truth!

I've had my boys do the same thing if I forget and wear red into the coop and I have a pair of hot pink plastic clogs that I just better have a second thought if I want to go near them wearing those.

A few days ago I added 4 bags of leaves that we had raked up to the coop and run and you would of thought I had released a family of foxes in their run. Man I didn't think those birds could fly that high! I finally had to throw a handful of bread on top of them so they would walk on them.

The roosters tho, all seem to react badly to bright colors and changes in clothing from what you normally wear. One of my boys started screaming their RED ALERT warning one morning when I went out to let them out with a hoody on and the hood drawn up over my head. Once I spoke to them, they were fine.

Kinda funny watching them go all rooster on you when they are in molt and only have a single tail feather sticking out of their back sides!

Alright we are gonna have to give up three youngsters,but imma wait and see how they all turn out.

I do know my Rhode island red cockerel (6 months),seems like he is thinking about turning around and letting Zeus get a taste of his own medicine.Every time Zeus chases him,he'll run,but doesn't look too submissive,and I even noticed after being chased he started crowing.He does not skin his self up,he drops his wings to his side,bulks his chest out,and he'll run,but I just do not think he is being submissive,which then causes Zeus to begin chasing him EVEN more.I don't think i'll be able to keep this guy for too long.

Best to be rid of all extra troublemaking rooster and let the flock calm down. You should know by now what you want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom