Rooster

JohnSteader

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 29, 2018
I keep my chickens in movable tractors. In order to keep happy, healthy chickens I can only keep so many birds in each. I only have one rooster and I want him with a fresh set of hens. Do I move the hens or the rooster ? I was thinking of moving the hens in order to rearrange bird amounts in a couple of tractors due to hatching and deaths managing the flocks over time (some of the tractors are larger than others). Does it matter either way ? If someone could help me please. I’ve always had chickens but always used a set house with a huge movable yard but went to tractors to better manage my land.

I would have thought that the easy thing to do is move the rooster. But to grasp you’re ideas I think we need more explanation.

How many tractors , what sizes and how many hens in each tractor?
Do you want the rooster to mate / fertilise the younger hens for hatching eggs?
Do the chickens stay inside the tractor run the whole day?

I would have thought that the easy thing to do is move the rooster. But to grasp you’re ideas I think we need more explanation.

How many tractors , what sizes and how many hens in each tractor?
Do you want the rooster to mate / fertilise the younger hens for hatching eggs?
Do the chickens stay inside the tractor run the whole day?
Well I do have many tractors, different sizes but none with more than 9 hens. Yes it would be easier to just move the roo but he’s in the largest tractor with only 6 hens and the hens I want him with is in a smaller tractor and there’s 9 of them. I don’t want to mess with any moral of any of the chickens but he needs to be with all hens eventually and will end up just moving him in the future. I just wasn’t sure how it would affect the hens by moving them or him by moving the hens.

Back
Top Bottom