Rouen Duck thread

I had a rouen drake and a pekin duck that were raised together. They were inseparable. Early this morning, our pekin duck passed away. I know ducks are social animals and like companions. Should I get him a new companion? Is he going to grieve? He was walking around the yard calling for her it seemed. I don't want to get another duck, because I am still not over the loss of my pekin. However, would the drake be distraught without having a companion around?

I had a rouen drake and a pekin duck that were raised together. They were inseparable. Early this morning, our pekin duck passed away. I know ducks are social animals and like companions. Should I get him a new companion? Is he going to grieve? He was walking around the yard calling for her it seemed. I don't want to get another duck, because I am still not over the loss of my pekin. However, would the drake be distraught without having a companion around?
I expect he is grieving, and needs companionship. Try an unbreakable mirror for now. I appreciate your grieving, too, but ducks are indeed sociable, and your Rouen has lost his entire social life and dearest companion.

Back
Top Bottom