Rouen Duck thread

Got three rouens the Friday before Easter. Man do they grow fast. They are just over 3 weeks now and are feathering out nicely. Here are a few pictures.

A couple of days old.

A couple weeks old.

Almost three weeks old.

They are so cute. I have one I sware is a boy and two that I think have a good chance at being girls. The "boy" aka Piggy 2 is bigger, especially in the breast and head, less chatty and less affectionate. He also holds his tail straight up in the air lol. We will see if my guesses pan out.

They got moved out to the coop yesterday. Seem to love it. Can't wait to see them completely feathered out.

How are the male Rouen's temperament? I plan to get a male for breeding but I don't want him to hurt the girls. Do they Kate with any breed too? I have 1 Pekin and 2 Campbell.

How are the male Rouen's temperament? I plan to get a male for breeding but I don't want him to hurt the girls. Do they Kate with any breed too? I have 1 Pekin and 2 Campbell.
My Rouen drake was a very aggressive breeder. Ripping all the feathers out of one of the ducks neck and smashing her to the ground. I would be a little concerned for the campbells being they are smaller. His preferred female was a very small ancona.

Last edited:
My Rouen drake was a very aggressive breeder. Ripping all the feathers out of one of the ducks neck and smashing her to the ground. I would be a little concerned for the campbells being they are smaller. His preferred female was a very small ancona. 

My boys are too, ripping out pekin girls neck feathers

3 week old Rouen ducklings, Im hoping that they are male and female. If they are both drakes, will they still be bestfriends.

Ps im new and dont fully understand how to do everything on here, haha. Thank you to anyone who replies.

Update on the ducklings. They will be 4 weeks old this week and have moved to the coop and are now enjoying the chicken run. We still need to build them their own enclosure as the chickens will be taking this one over soon. They have been loving life though.

One question. If they are already quacking is that a sign of being a girl?? I've heard a few times the females will start developing their adult voices earlier on and I am curious if that is true.

Very cute ducks! I always buy my ducks sexed, I encourage people to do the same. It only cost 2 extra doller per duck (most times) and you can get all female. Not that I don't love my drakes
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom