?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help

i heve rir hens and registered ameraucana rooster if they breed will the chicks hatch from blue eggs:jumpy

Your two will create babies...that will lay (often) green. Possibly light olive green if the RIR lays dark eggs, The interior of the egg still blue, and the tan coating outside makes the egg appear green. If you cross an Ameraucana blue egg layer with a Marans or Welsummer, (dark brown layer), usually a better than 50/50 you get nice darker olive green.

Ameraucanas are sweet. All of mine are and I have several from different breeders, never a problem. EE's another story, more flighty and skittish, but still sweet once they trust you and usually much better after they start to lay. I love them both....EE's are a little better egg size and laying frequency, seems like that to me anyway, but you can't beat the beautiful blue Ameraucana eggs, EE's tend to have a grayish or dirty look to the blue or more often green.

Last edited:
I WAS SOLD 4 AMERAUCANAS FROM A BREEDER THEY ARE ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD AND HAVE THE BIG CHEEKS. THERE IS THE PUFFY FEATHERY UNDER THERE CHINS TOO BUT HOW FAR IS IT SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN THEIR NECKS? THEY ALL HAD THE BLUE LEGS BUT NOW ONE OF THEM IS LOOKING A LITTLE YELLOWISH. ARE THEY REAL AMERAUCANAS? CAN I BREED THEM TO GET THE IMPURITIES OUT OF THEM? AND I SAW THE EGGS FROM HATCHING THEY WERE BLUE.

Last edited:
THE ONE WITH YELLOWISH LEGS IS A ROOSTER im just going to kill it. the other rooster is REALLY NICE LOOKING. PS I WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO GET ONE ROOSTER
barnie.gif

Last edited:
If you post pics it is easier to tell. It depends on the color of the Ameraucana...are they wheaten/blue wheaten? The feathers will often tell you...Also I have had EE's with slate legs and all the standard ameraucana traits but I know they were not pure bred.

Back
Top Bottom