?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help

really i all most got silver ameruacans from a different breeder he said that they have dark bleu/green eggs and wanted 15$ each for chick i looked them up bet didnt read any thing about darker eggs from silver ones and for that price i want with the $4 chick does any one know about the darker eggs?

Every breeder breeds for different traits, some concentrate more on getting darker bluer eggs...I have bought purebred Ameraucanas from several breeders...the egg color varies quite a bit. Ameraucanas eggs are usually much bluer though, EE's you get green alot, or bluish green, or tan, whatever....I like the Wheaten/Blue Wheaten eggs so far they are the bluest I have had but it depends on what breeder you get them from. Maybe you could ask to see the shell from their eggs, then you will know for sure. Pictures do not show the true color very well, you could ask for a shell sample to be mailed to you. Also if you hatch the eggs yourself then you know how big they are and what color. I just buy the eggs from the breeder and hatch them myself when I can. Then you can sell the extra chicks.

I have not read about the Silver's laying darker either. A good one to ask...there is a gal in Idaho, username "pawtraitart" she has wheatens/blue wheaten and silver, purebred, you could pm and see if she thinks they lay darker? Sounds to me though that the breeder you talked to with Silver Ameraucanas are at least purebred and not EE's. You could ask for pics, you can tell pretty well by looking at them.

That looks like a purebred Wheaten ameraucana. Pretty Girl! I have two of those, love love love them. Their legs are not as dark slate as some of the other colored ameraucanas.

You CAN get blue eggs from EE's here and there......Ameraucanas are quite blue usually most of the time.

For example--with EE's you would get blue maybe 5 or 10 percent of the time, the other 90 you get green, tan, pink or whatever......Ameraucanas are blue 90 percent of the time, or nearly always at least greenish blue. Should not ever be tan or pink. (Those percentages are only an example:)). Hope this is helping!

Back
Top Bottom